Menu

Tuneup for 2004 Nissan Quest

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Maintenance Forums Tuneup for 2004 Nissan Quest

• Creator
    Topic
    watuziwatuzi
    Participant

My friend has a 2004 Nissan Quest 6-cylinder. I am able to replace the front three spark plugs with no problem. However, the other three are way in the back near the firewall. I need the proper procedure to do the the back three spark plugs. Anyone have any experience with this vehicle? I am unable to get the repair manual at any of the local O’reilly stores and the Nissan dealer is charging an exorbitant sum. As always, stay dirty, but clean up after yourself hehe.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      keoki777keoki777
      Participant

Here you go.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/

Hope this helps! I know it did for my Nissan.

3SheetsDiesel3SheetsDiesel
        Participant

That’s got the 3.5L engine in it doesn’t it? If memory serves, you’ve got to pull the intake plenum off to get the back 3 plugs out. I don’t envy you that job at all, but I wish you the best of luck.

staying -dirtystaying-dirty
          Participant

I just did a tune up in that car yesterday! Dont panic!! yes the spark plugs in the back look scary but with the right tools its a breeze! I used a long 3/8 extension long enough to extend over the plenum, if not your going to be there forever. If you dont have a long extension you can get two medium ones and put them together. The spark plugs are not straight down get a flash light and look at them they are actually in an angle so be careful when you re putting them back in. Good luck!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…