Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Valve Adjustment: Now a sucking sound

Valve Adjustment: Now a sucking sound

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Valve Adjustment: Now a sucking sound

• Creator
    Topic
    K EdwardsK Edwards
    Participant

Eric, thanks for your video titled Honda J Series V6 Valve Adjustment. I jumped in with both feet and did the same valve adjustment (and fuel inj cleaning) on my 2006 Acura MDX. Afterwards, the car started well and sounded really good for about a minute. Then a slight beat started and increase in intensity a bit. In the engine compartment it sounds like a sucking noise from the top rear of the engine. Seems to beat as though it is one cylinder. There is no metal-on-metal nor any ticking sound. To this beginner it doesn’t sound like any of the descriptions one hears in regards to a valve tap. I’m about to rip it all apart again, but thought I would ask for your wisdom before I do. THANKS!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      K EdwardsK Edwards
      Participant

I found the issue. Using a auto repair stethoscope I found the the EVAP purge control solenoid is knocking after the engine gets warm. It is attached to the intake manifold and must have been damaged when removing the manifold.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…