Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Volvo key will not turn all the way to off position.

Volvo key will not turn all the way to off position.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Volvo key will not turn all the way to off position.

• Creator
    Topic
    brad doebrad doe
    Participant

I have a 2005 volvo v50 T5, the car sat for like 6 months in a driveway without being turned on and longer cranked and the battery was nearly dead as well. I decided to clean the passenger side fuse box with electrical cleaner, I let it dry for about 30 mins, connected the battery and forgot to plug in some wires on the fuse box lol. There was loud clicking coming from the fuse box and the car’s ignition would not shut off the car’s power so I disconnected the battery, I then fully charged the battery, hooked it up and now the key will not go all the way into the ignition, it also will not turn fully to the off position, it stops like right before position 0. when I turn the key to position 2 I can hear a pump or something start up but there is no power to the dash or accessories. The key wont go all the way in, the steering wheel is locked and the shifter is stuck in park. Any idea’s on how I can fix this?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…