Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Vtc actuator replacement 2012 honda si

Vtc actuator replacement 2012 honda si

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Vtc actuator replacement 2012 honda si

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Michael Mon Michael Mon 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    Michael Mon
    Michael Mon
    Participant

So I wanted to replace my vtc actuator because my car makes a grinding noise on start up I began taking the valve cover off and once I got it off I went to the crank pulley to rotate the motor I was able to align the cam sprockets but I couldn’t get the crank pulley to line up on the timing cover now the car ran perfectly fine before I did this job it’s just made a grinding noise on start up I think the crank pulley must of slipped a while ago it’s about a half inch advanced from the timing mark on the cover is it normal for a 2012 honda si crank pulley to slip the cars only 10 years old I mean the previous owner did drive the car a little hard , also would I be okay starting the engine back up , I didn’t touch any of the internals all I did was take the valve cover off and rotate the motor , could maybe the chain slipped as I rotated the engine over using the crank pulley ? I never removed any guides and never touched the tensioner just rotate everything forward once then noticed it wasnt lining up so I rotate the engine clockwise again and same thing the pulley was off a half inch while the cam sprocket lined up , my car doesn’t have any timing related engine codes and it ran good I’m just worried going to start it up again I’m nervous it might have a rough start cause as I rotated the motor over and oil cam out of the vvt sprocket

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Loading…