Menu

What do you ride?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Motorcycle Forum What do you ride?

• Creator
    Topic
    Eliud MunozEliud Munoz
    Participant

I would like to start off the forum by asking what people ride. Pics and funny stories would be nice to hear. I would like to start off and say that I ride a 1982 Yamaha xj650. I got it during a police impound auction for about 500$. I have only learned how to ride and have still yet to get my license. I want to fix it up before I get my license. Am glade Eric made this. Hope people relise that this forum is here. Will ask lots of questions becuse I have never owned a motorcycle and am not too sure on the service. Thanks for taking time to read this. Would love to see others bikes and what not.

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      David CannyDavid Canny
      Participant

I ride a 2004 Suzuki Bandit K4

Thomas J AhernThomas J Ahern
        Participant

Your age? I’m 71 & I just bought a new (to me ) bike! If you act like you’re old , you’ll shrivel up & be old! If you do younger things it will help your attitude & health! I’m 71,have Diabetes & a bad leg but I’m not DEAD! Irish

ChadChad
          Participant

Im chad i ride a 2005 Yamaha YZ250f 13.5:1 compression, running 110 leaded race gas, fmf powerbomb/ fmf 4.1 exhaust and a 13/48 gear ratio on the sprockets. Been riding 17 years. Its my favorite bike ive ever had, its a 250f with the steel frame. Have owned many bikes including a 07 kawasaki kx85, 97 honda cr80, 07 yamaha ttr 125 and my last bike was a 2003 yamaha yz125. Currently about to transition to the street and looking at a cbr600 or yamaha r6 this week finishing the dmv bullshit to get my m1 permit then license. Cheers- chad

Attachments:
            ChadChad
            Participant

Some pics of my 250f yamaha

Attachments:
              crawfordcrawford
              Participant

My wife and I started riding Ice Bear Trike only 300cc gets 75mpg they are a china bike and for 4,200 each send to home not really bad. We been riding 5 months 3,000 mile only problem we had was exhaust header bolts keep coming off. I just ordered stage 8 locking nuts and they solved my problems I expect more riding then wrenching this spring. These are really cool each nut has a slot cut around it for a e clip just tighten nut slide on locking bar and snap on e clip to hold on lock in place . They have nuts and bolts a great problem solver for sure . :cheer: :S B)

andrew luckandrew luck
                Participant

I am a retired Australian and have been riding for 51 years. I used to say every day, but since I retired 6 years ago I can no longer say this! I have a 1996 Honda 1500 Goldwing Aspencade, bought “Pre-loved” in 1999 with 5,600 Klm on it. It now has 180,000+. I also have a 1997 Honda VFR750, bought new in 1997 which has 170,000+ on it, and a 2003 Suzuki 1250 Bandit, it has about 67,000 klm on it but I think visiting Americans who have borrowed it put on at least 12,000klm of that.

Since I retired from an IT career 6 years ago I have recovered my ability to work on motor vehicles and have just finished renovating a 1995 3.0 litre V6 Mitsubishi Magna (An Australian Built vehicle). I thank Eric for the inspiration and confidence building!

I have visited America twice, in 2013 I rode a Honda ST1300 9000 miles around middle America with an Australian friend, he on his Harley which he keeps in the USA, and me on the Honda borrowed from a Bike Swap buddy who has been out to Australia and borrowed my Bandit. Pity my trip ended in Delta Hospital in Colorado! Nothing to do with the bike, I fell over my feet at the Grand Canyon and ended up with a severely infected leg. Moral, don’t travel without travel insurance, which I had.

We drove across America last year (2015) and this time Marilyn started the trip with 3 days in Colorade University Hospital in Denver, heart trouble this time, but after a delay of about a week we did start our trip visiting friends right across the country. I absolutely love America and Americans, you are a terrific bunch of people!

crawfordcrawford
                  Participant

I started riding at the age 65 got 3 Ice Bear trikes my wife got hers and I got mine.

These are china bikes for I could not afford a HD trike these trikes were 4,200 each shipped to home compared to 1 HD for 37,000 and have a lot of fun riding in the smoky mountains with my wife we are a team for 46 years and counting LOL.

Attachments:
                    crawfordcrawford
                    Participant

By the way the reason you see 3 trikes dealer had a 2013 for 1,700 couldn’t say no nice to have a extra because while I service 1 still can go for a ride when some one comes over and says ready to ride you bet. Here in East TN weather is great most of year had red 8 months 3,600 miles 2013 white 3,000 the 1 ride the other white 1,000 mile my spare. others white one have less then 6 months.

By the way I order this red one for myself thinking my wife would ride with me ,well long story short she took it for a ride came home and asked me when I was getting one LOL So that’s how it started

Attachments:
                      andrew luckandrew luck
                      Participant

Thanks for the pics, Crawford, very interesting, I have never seen those bikes in Australia. I wonder why, we have a fair number of trikes but it is probably because Australian motorcyclists are obsessed with capacity and 300cc would be ‘just too small’! I know my bikes are fairly large capacity but I like all bikes and scooters. I started riding in 1965 on scooters and had 2 before my first motorcycle.

Australia is a big country, as big as the continental United States but with only about 27 million people so a Honda Goldwing is a very suitable machine for long distance touring, particularly if you are towing a camper trailer. In 2014 we attended the Ulysses Club AGM in Alice Springs and then visited Darwin, Townsville and Tully in FNQ (Far North Queensland) before returning home. A trip of 13,000 Kilometres, or 8,125 miles.

Last year we drove through the Smoky Mountains, and they are beautiful, on the way to visit my friend Joe in Beckley, West Virginia.

Good to see another long married couple, our 47th Anniversary is later this year, as you say, and counting…

Here is a picture of my Goldwing and Trailer, hope you like it!

Attachments:
                        crawfordcrawford
                        Participant

If you are back in my area let us know we might even put you up a couple of night got a couple of spare rooms LOL. As far as the 300 ccs we hold 60 mph all day been up to 70 did not feel comfortable at that speed with large trucks going by. Ice Bear is very poplar on west coast here got to go happy riding

Chris ClaytonChris Clayton
                          Participant

Hey everyone, brand new to the forum. Found the site by repairing my daughters 1995 Honda Civic. Almost done. As well, waiting for the gas tank on the 1981 Honda CB750F I restored for her this winter. It’s the black one of course,
                            I ride a 2006 Ural. The model is the “Tourist”. The bright red one in the pics. It’s 750cc. Looks like my buddy’s hog snuk in there. Gotta watch them harley riders. 🙂
                            I live on Vancouver Island on the West Coast of Canada and we can pretty well ride all year round here so it works out great. Safe riding what ever you have and remeber, don’t dress for the ride, dress for the slide.

MikeMike
                            Participant

Does the Ural have a powered sidecar wheel?

Participant

No, it has reverse like they all do of course. I live on Vancouver Island which gets much less snow than most other places in this country so I can do quite well without it. I do keep it insured full time and ride it all year round. They say unless your on sand, snow or ice most of the time you don’t need it. You cannot keep the outer wheel engaged on asphalt . It does not oscillate so it would try to drive you straight all the time which would be hell on any corner. Is that your ride in the pic?
                                You got some nice roads down there. I lived in NB for 12 years. It was a blast but I’m home now to stay. Have been talking about riding the Ural to Saint John next summer but we will see.

Participant

The HOG in one of the photos is my buddy I ride with. He is from Cape Breton.

MikeMike
                                  Participant

[quote=”Kit” post=168378]Is that your ride in the pic?[/quote]

I wish. That’s a Vincent Rapide, my “dream” bike. Manufactured out of 100% Unobtainium.

My two current rides are a ’71 BMW R75/5, and a ’76 HD Sportster XL.

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…