Menu

What do you ride?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Motorcycle Forum What do you ride?

• Creator
    Topic
    Eliud MunozEliud Munoz
    Participant

I would like to start off the forum by asking what people ride. Pics and funny stories would be nice to hear. I would like to start off and say that I ride a 1982 Yamaha xj650. I got it during a police impound auction for about 500$. I have only learned how to ride and have still yet to get my license. I want to fix it up before I get my license. Am glade Eric made this. Hope people relise that this forum is here. Will ask lots of questions becuse I have never owned a motorcycle and am not too sure on the service. Thanks for taking time to read this. Would love to see others bikes and what not.

Viewing 7 replies - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      andrew luckandrew luck
      Participant

Vancouver Island eh? Our daughter, then married to a Canadian, lived in Victoria on Vancouver Island for several years and we have visited the Island although I did not ride there.

Pretty place, but without the riding opportunities available in Australia! On our last long trip to a Ulysses Club AGM in 2014 I covered 13,000 klm towing the camper trailer behind the Goldwing (see pic on earlier post) from Melbourne to Adelaide then Alice Springs. We returned via Darwin, Townsville and Tully in Far North Queensland and then back down the East Coast via Sydney and the Blue Mountains.

The Ulysses Club is a Social Club for Motorcyclists over the age of 40. Founded in Australia in 1983 there are Ulysses Clubs all over the world now. There used to be a Canadian Ulysses Club, based in Calgary but it folded after a few years. Too much snow I think!

Andy Luck

PS I owned a Vincent Comet, the 500 single, in 1967 and sold it in 1969 to get married for 120 GBP. They are now worth about $40,000AUD! Mind you, one Vincent in any mans life is enough, give me a reliable modern multi-cylinder motorcycle with electric start any day. Just lean on that button…

MikeMike
        Participant

No offense, but my personal philosophy is that if you can’t kickstart it, you’ve got no business riding it.

andrew luckandrew luck
          Participant

That is very true Evil, but I have to make an exception in the case of my VFR, my Goldwing and my 1250 Bandit, I have never been able to kickstart any of them!
            Of course that may be because none of them actually HAVE a kickstart lever!

I last rode a motorcycle that had a kickstart in 1979 but I confess I contemplated buying a honda 500 single roadbike in the mid 90’s but although I started my motorcycling career on 500cc singles I found that i did not enjoy them any more. Spoilt by multi cylinder bikes with more power than I could use I suppose.

Some years later I was trying to demonstrate the art of kickstarting, a similar bike to riders who had never actually used a kickstart. To my chagrin, I found I no longer had the knack!

I love electric start!

JustinJustin
            Participant

I started in dirt years ago and have finally ventured onto the street within the last 3 years. I just like being on 2 wheels lol.

First up is my 08 crf250r. Completely stock bike with suspension work is all with it. Won a few Mx titles with it and venturing into the woods now.
              [IMG]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160630/49e8546df84be2d1e7bbeeef9abcb717.jpg[/IMG]

Next is my 09 ktm250sx my main Mx and woods ride. Just some suspension work, a pipe and silencer essentially.
              [IMG]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160630/f0619dcb6cd892af3dc5eb3ffeffe4ec.jpg[/IMG]

And once in a while I venture onto 4 wheels on a 07 ltr450. Ported and flowed head, 13.1 piston, hotrods cams, full suspension and a-arms. [IMG]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160630/a3908ef9778e8c92be55dd85e44155ac.jpg[/IMG]

And finally the street toy 08 Honda cbr1000rr. I got her with 5k and it’s got over 26 now. Though I haven’t ridden a whole lot in the last year or so. [IMG]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160630/e2fee06d9b19731cd0a75e4c81f454a3.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed LopeEd Lope
              Participant

I enjoy restoring Honda motorcycles from the 1960’s. Have several.
                Here is a pic of my 1967 Honda CB77 Superhawk.

Attachments:
                Kathryn tinsandwichKathryn Kaufman
                Participant

I ride a 1981 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim. Lotsa fun! 🙂

Michael CheneyMichael Cheney
                  Participant

Hey guys, I ride a 84 honda goldwing 1200 intersate, a 76 honda cb750, and i have a project 87 suzuki inturder 1400 project that i need to put back together and sell.

Viewing 7 replies - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Loading…