Menu

What do you ride?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Motorcycle Forum What do you ride?

• Creator
    Topic
    Eliud MunozEliud Munoz
    Participant

I would like to start off the forum by asking what people ride. Pics and funny stories would be nice to hear. I would like to start off and say that I ride a 1982 Yamaha xj650. I got it during a police impound auction for about 500$. I have only learned how to ride and have still yet to get my license. I want to fix it up before I get my license. Am glade Eric made this. Hope people relise that this forum is here. Will ask lots of questions becuse I have never owned a motorcycle and am not too sure on the service. Thanks for taking time to read this. Would love to see others bikes and what not.

Viewing 10 replies - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      DavidDavid
      Participant

I got a 92 HD Fatboy that has been nothing but a pain in the ASS… however, now that I;m a mechanic I can diagnose and do all the work myself.

I bought this bike from a family friend who got it as a “payment” for some work he did. His wife wanted it gone and he sold it to me. This bike was “re-built” as a show bike.. meaning it had no real purpose for riding it. The guy who “re-built” it did a SHIT job on everything… brakes, electrical, charging system (same as electrical i know), tires, paint.. EVERYTHING!!!

It has been a journey… Ive had the charging system changed out twice my professionals only to find out that it was a bad ground that wasnt allowing the system to charge the battery. I diagnosed and fixed that myself. I re-constructed the electrical system from the ground up… getting wiring diagram and taking about 3 months to figure and re-configure everything out. Replaced the forward controls and now my rear brake isnt working. Well cleaned the rear master cylinder out and found out two things… one, my replenish port was clogged and two the idiot and idiot owner, me, didnt realize that the brake line was too close to the exhaust and there was a hold that was burned into it.

Its been a lot of work. When i get home i’ll take and post a pic but its been a pain at times!! At least labor doesnt cost me anything now… except for my time dammit!

PhilippPhilipp
        Participant

I got a 2003 Honda CBF 600 ABS (PC38) completely stock. Due to driving license regulations in Germany I’ve only got 48HP.

stuartstuart
          Participant

hey guys:

I ride a 1983 Honda GL1100A Goldwing aspencade. I got it by trading my 1981 Honda GL500i silverwing interstate for it. the silverwing was nice, but I outgrew it. after riding it from Tennessee down to the fort Lauderdale Florida 2 years ago, it was time for a larger bike that was more “interstate friendly” i.e. better handling without feeling like I was being pushed around by other vehicles passing me and especially riding behind tractor trailers and getting caught in their draft and a bike with a larger motor and a few hundred pounds heaver. the silverwing had only 2 cylinders, weighs in at just under 600lbs and would top out at 87mph whereas this Goldwing has 4 cylinders and with all the “extras” weighs in just under 900lbs and will do well over 115mph, (ask me how I know this lol). I can post pics of both bikes if you want to see them and the difference between the two.

I rode my Goldwing down to Florida this past June, and I have to say it was VERY comfortable. I took the exact same route as I took when I rode down the last time, and the fuel mileage I was getting was fantastic. for the entire ride down,(985 miles),after adding up all my gas receipts, this bike used less than $75.00 worth of fuel and less than a 1/4 of a qt. of oil. not bad for a bike that’s 32 years old with 99,000 miles on it.

stuart, a.k.a. roadwanderer2.

stuartstuart
            Participant

hey dro:

isn’t it nice to be able to do most of the work yourself. cost a lot less than having to take it to a bike shop at $85.00 an hour labor rate, and you get more satisfaction and more pride from doing it yourself and you know its done the way YOU want it especially if you know what your doing.

stuartstuart
              Participant

nice looking Honda you got there edos.

stuartstuart
                Participant

hey eliud:

I had a 1974 Yamaha xs400. it was a nice bike to “tinker” with. I paid $25.00 for it, kept it for about 4 months then turned around and sold it for $500.00, went out and bought an ’83 Honda vt500 magna that I put a few bucks into and sold it for a small profit :).

stuartstuart
                  Participant

hey DaGreen,

is there anything you can do to “beef up” the HP?

stuartstuart
                    Participant

hey Maxx:

what do you mean “your age” lol. your only as old as you feel. age is just a number. nice looking ninja you have there.

PeterPeter
                      Participant

My little pony 🙂

Attachments:
                        stuartstuart
                        Participant

hey dark:

nice little “pony” you got there, love the color combination, looks nice.

Viewing 10 replies - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Loading…