Menu

What is this wiring loom?

• Creator
    Topic
    James HoseyJames Hosey
    Participant

Trying to run down a code for an 08 pilot I discovered a couple broken wires an a loom at the back rear top of engine behind the plenum. What is this connected to and can i replace it

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

With out seeing it … tough to say if it can be replaced.
        Though it is possible to repair broken wires in many cases, providing they didn’t break off at the connector itself.
        Even still, it is possible to repair that kind of damage, just requires a bit more time and effort.

James HoseyJames Hosey
        Participant

I believe it’s the wiring loom for the fuel injection. It bolts on top of the rear valve cover on the Pilot. I’d upload a pic, but don’t see a way to do it. There’s 2 looms. One had a broken wire, and a couple frayed. I was able to solder the broken wire back together, and the frayed ones I put electrical tape around to keep from touching. I was getting a P2143 egr valve code which was setting off the VTM-4 light. It looks like this may have taken care of my issue. I had replaced the EGR valve, along with cleaning the plenum, and the EGR port of all carbon deposits. The check engine light still came on after the cleaning, and the new valve, but since I soldered the wire it hasn’t reappeared. Just wondering if anyone here knew what that loom was before I started to fix it this afternoon.
          Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…