Menu

What was the last tool you bought?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Tool Talk What was the last tool you bought?

• Creator
    Topic
    cedicolcedicol
    Participant

I bought a new floor jack of the trade mark Rodac. It’s a 3 Ton jack with a quick up pedal on it. I bought it very

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 419 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EndSupremacyEndSupremacy
      Participant

I actually bought a 3 piece long nose hose pliers. I saw Eric use them in a video and he even commented on them. I held off on buying them until I had the need to use them.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
        Participant

I updated my Angle Die grinder that i use for brake jobs and if i have to do some tire work –

http://www.mactools.com/shoponline/product/tabid/120/p-318249-14-mini-angle-head-die-grinder.aspx

dreamer2355dreamer2355
          Participant

I updated my Angle Die grinder that i use for brake jobs and if i have to do some tire work –

http://www.mactools.com/shoponline/product/tabid/120/p-318249-14-mini-angle-head-die-grinder.aspx

EndSupremacyEndSupremacy
            Participant

I’m afraid to ask, but at the risk of sounding stupid, what exactly are you using a die grinder for? I have never used one on a brake job or tire work.

EndSupremacyEndSupremacy
              Participant

I’m afraid to ask, but at the risk of sounding stupid, what exactly are you using a die grinder for? I have never used one on a brake job or tire work.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
                Participant

I use it to clean the rust and corrosion off the hubs as well as cleaning up the caliper brackets where the hardware goes while doing brake jobs. Its quicker thank using a wire brush.

For tire work, i use it for cleaning the inside of the rim where the bead of the tire sits.

I will use it also for making sure there is no rust on the inside and outside of the rotors/drums before mounting them to our brake lathe seeing as its critical for a flat surface seeing as rust looks like mountains under a microscope.

Depending on the job will dictate what grade of disc to use.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
                  Participant

I use it to clean the rust and corrosion off the hubs as well as cleaning up the caliper brackets where the hardware goes while doing brake jobs. Its quicker thank using a wire brush.

For tire work, i use it for cleaning the inside of the rim where the bead of the tire sits.

I will use it also for making sure there is no rust on the inside and outside of the rotors/drums before mounting them to our brake lathe seeing as its critical for a flat surface seeing as rust looks like mountains under a microscope.

Depending on the job will dictate what grade of disc to use.

EndSupremacyEndSupremacy
                    Participant

[quote=”dreamer2355″ post=32553]I use it to clean the rust and corrosion off the hubs as well as cleaning up the caliper brackets where the hardware goes while doing brake jobs. Its quicker thank using a wire brush.

Depending on the job will dictate what grade of disc to use.[/quote]

Oh ok. I usually let the lathe take off the rust on rotors or drums. Then I do a final slow pass.

EndSupremacyEndSupremacy
                      Participant

[quote=”dreamer2355″ post=32553]I use it to clean the rust and corrosion off the hubs as well as cleaning up the caliper brackets where the hardware goes while doing brake jobs. Its quicker thank using a wire brush.

Depending on the job will dictate what grade of disc to use.[/quote]

Oh ok. I usually let the lathe take off the rust on rotors or drums. Then I do a final slow pass.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
                        Participant

I was referring to the mounting surface of the rotor where it contacts the hub and where the wheel sits 🙂

dreamer2355dreamer2355
                          Participant

I was referring to the mounting surface of the rotor where it contacts the hub and where the wheel sits 🙂

EndSupremacyEndSupremacy
                            Participant

[quote=”dreamer2355″ post=32773]I was referring to the mounting surface of the rotor where it contacts the hub and where the wheel sits :)[/quote]

Ok, there goes my dumb moment of the week. Lol. :blink:

EndSupremacyEndSupremacy
                              Participant

[quote=”dreamer2355″ post=32773]I was referring to the mounting surface of the rotor where it contacts the hub and where the wheel sits :)[/quote]

Ok, there goes my dumb moment of the week. Lol. :blink:

sig061sig061
                                Participant

Found at Summit Racing..

Attachments:
                                  sig061sig061
                                  Participant

Found at Summit Racing..

Attachments:
                                  Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 419 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…