Menu

Where Have All the Women Gone?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Girls in the Garage Where Have All the Women Gone?

• Creator
    Topic
    Lee AnnLee Ann

Hey Ladies,

Are you still out there?

Do you have an automotive repair experience to share?

Are you a female tech in the field?

Are you an Automotive Technology student?

Let’s get this part of the forum “rolling” again.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      ShannonShannon
      Participant

I just found this site about 2 days ago. Prior to that I was checking out all of Eric’s videos. Great stuff. I’m glad to be here!

I used to see my dad working in the garage and wanted to see what was so interesting, so I decided to get into it myself. I’m seriously thinking about becoming either a technician or getting my CDL and doing regional hauls thruout New England.

Let me see if I can sum up my car history here:
        1970 Volvo 144
        1979 Volvo 245 wagon
        1978 Volvo 244
        1990 Volvo 244
        1994 Ford Explorer Sport
        1984 Plymouth Reliant (Yech)
        1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon
        1984 Ford F150
        1970 VW Bus
        1995 Ford F150
        1992 Honda Accord Coupe

The only cars that were auto out of this list were the Reliant and the ’79 Volvo (because they were given to me).

I have been fixing all of my cars for as long as I can remember. I cut my teeth on that 1970 Volvo tuning the dual Weber carbs that came with it and haven’t looked back. I’ve done clutches, brake jobs, engine repair, timing, body work…you name it. Working on my car puts a big old smile on my face and I’ll still get all excited when I get a difficult job right the 1st time.

Lee AnnLee Ann

Welcome, Shanazon.

I was bought up in a family of gear-heads. My dad had (and still has) a passion for race cars/racing. He inspired me as a young person to get involved. He taught me how to do oil changes and tune-ups on my first car and tried to teach me how to read wiring diagrams.

During a recent stint on unemployment, I realized that I needed to start doing my own maintenance and repairs. Eric’s oil change video was the first followed by the solving performance issues. Then came the exhaust system, then suspension and more recently electrical videos.

A couple weeks ago, I finished my first semester of my Auto Tech program at college.

I hope you enjoy the website. There are tons of great people here, including Eric himself, to answer any questions you may have.

ShannonShannon
          Participant

I got a small windfall during Christmas so I’ve spent it on….my car. I went ahead a purchased a stainless header and downpipe that I should be able to bolt on sometime next week, a hood which should be coming fairly soon, and a good amount of welding/fiberglass/body filling to do to repair the driver’s rear wheelwell as well as the driver’s side door.. My car sure keeps my plate full. I’ve still yet to name her yet. Take care!

PaulaPaula
            Participant

New girl on in the garage here. So excited to get the full time mechanic position now to get 23 ase certs in six months.

Andrew ButtonAndrew Button
              Participant

Greetings new girl on forum. What do you work on ? Car of choice ? Keep posting, we need opinions like yours !

Lee AnnLee Ann

[quote=”Monkeypann” post=125389]New girl on in the garage here. So excited to get the full time mechanic position now to get 23 ase certs in six months.[/quote]

Welcome and congrats on the job. That’s awesome! Good luck getting those certs. Keep us posted on your progress.

PaulaPaula
                  Participant

We work on a little bit of everything garbage trucks, fire trucks, several ford trucks diesel and regular, police cars. Then all the small motors chain saws edgers weed eaters. A lot of welding and fabricating of several items. Best of all we also maintain a draw bridge.

I absolutely love my job something different every day just very concerned they are asking for so many ase certifications for someone that is not the lead mechanic.

PaulaPaula
                    Participant

I’m just entry level willing to learn just don’t want to loose my job if I don’t get the certs.

Andrew ButtonAndrew Button
                      Participant

Watch the videos. Much better than classrooms. Tap old timers for truths, thats what I did. Works great. Never had any certs at all.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Loading…