Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Which brand tie rod ends for 99 Civic LX

Which brand tie rod ends for 99 Civic LX

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Which brand tie rod ends for 99 Civic LX

• Creator
    Topic
    coloradotroutcoloradotrout
    Participant

I bought a 99 Civic with 138K. Overall, good shape. So far I’ve installed an Aisin water pump, going with original tensioner, (got the GMB in the box), Mitsuboshi TB, Bando belts, and UAC AC compressor, receiver/dryer, and soon condenser. The boots on the tie rods are cracking a little, and the steering bellows are cracked.

Which brand tie rod ends do you suggest? What about bellows?

On my Ford Excursion, everyone raved about Moog ball joints, so that’s what it got. On other Honda forums, Moog is getting some bad press.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

Moog, beck/arnley, mevotech

coloradotroutcoloradotrout
        Participant

I went with Moog despite being lower priced than B/A. Moog ES3331R and ES3332R which are suppose to be their higher quality “Problem Solver” line. We’ll see.

college mancollege man

keep us posted how it works out.

Jake FJake F
            Participant

Agree that Moog has gotten a horrible rep the last decade. Depending where they’re sourced from depends on their quality and who the heck knows if the old problem solver line is worse than the new line and vice versa. They’re always packaged with the “Official Steering & Suspension of NASCAR” box, but is Federal-Mogul Motorsports at fault or like previously stated, the source.

Long story short, I’ve had good experience with MOOG lower BJs, LCAs, and especially tie rods on my 3rd gen camry. Their TRs are a decent aftermarket option that seem to need little care after a nice lube. Hope this helps.

KevinKevin
              Participant

Proforged

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…