Menu

wiring issue

• Creator
    Topic
    VockyVocky
    Participant

Hello,
      2004 kia optima ex 2.4 battery was put in backwards, it blew 125amp by battery, we replaced that and a/c heater climate control panel didn’t work or illuminate along with sunroof didn’t work and was blowing etacs and a/con 10a fuses under dash when key turned on. Well replaced blower relay and unplugged and plugged back in connectors and everything seemed to work along with blower. I taped some wires under driver panel where wires were previously fixed from quarter panel damage. then went to start car and sunroof still works and climate panel lights up works but no heat or blower now and fuses under dash not blowing but now I have no power to fuse rr htd ind 10A, have like 33 volts at /con sw 10A and 78 volts on start 10A I am baffled and we have inspected ignition wire that feeds those and found nothing. Appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

I would start by looking for any possible blown fusable links, also check all fuse boxes and wiring for any damage caused by the short.
        Might also check all fuses with a test light.

DeloresDelores
        Participant

I did check fuses with light. All are good. I’m wondering if maybe the fuel shut of valve didn’t shut down. I read there is a neutral safety switch which will shut everything down, have you heard of this? Also, how do I find the fusible links. I thought of this but have no clue where to go with it.

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
          Participant

I did check fuses with light. All are good.
            Have you inspected the wiring directly under fuse box?
            I’m wondering if maybe the fuel shut of valve didn’t shut down.
            That is usually an impact activated switch.
            I read there is a neutral safety switch which will shut everything down, have you heard of this?
            A neutral safety switch will prevent the starter from turning when the transmission is in any gear other than Park or Neutral.
            Also, how do I find the fusible links. I thought of this but have no clue where to go with it.
            You will need a power distribution diagram for your specific vehicle in order to locate them.

Michael SacksteinMichael Sackstein
            Participant

Yeah you’re gonna need to do some serious electrical testing on that car. Never a good idea to install a battery backwards. You can destroy all kinds of things like the alternator, the main computer, and lots of electrical stuff. On something like that, you’re best bet is to pay a mechanic to hook up his computer and do bidirectional testing on all the electronics that way they can tell you what’s wrong rather than guessing.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…