Menu

1996 Delica L400 Dual AC system

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Repair Central-The ‘How To’ Forum 1996 Delica L400 Dual AC system

• Creator
    Topic
    Tim AustinTim Austin
    Participant

Hello everyone,
      Let me just start by saying that i have watched allot of Ericthecarguy AC videos and they have really inspired me to do some work on my Delica.
      After a full refrigerant refill last year sadly it was all out in about a week or two later. After going back to the guy where i got the refill, he inspected the lines and compressor and says they all seem ok.
      He said it would probably be the evaporator as this is usually the case when the previous has been ruled out. We made a new appointment as to check the evaporator together but i never went. It would be either that or a leak somewhere he might have missed?

Anyways now it is summer yet again and it is crazy hot outside. I decided to reopen my little project.
      I came across these on amazon and i would like your opinion on these products:

http://www.amazon.com/Interdynamics-325-R-134a-Super-Seal/dp/B0002KKLI4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377363717&sr=8-1&keywords=super+seal

http://www.amazon.com/Interdynamics-AFK-11CS-Arctic-Synthetic-Recharging/dp/B001810SHA/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_img_z

they are both frequently bought together and have real good reviews. there are also bad ones and i have learned from those as well. These are the steps i plan to take:

-Step 1: have the entire system sucked out with a vacuum pump until properly vacuum
      -Step 2: insert just enough of the Arctic Freeze into the system untill and little after the compressor activates (then remove)
      -Step 3: insert all of the R-134a Super Seal into the system so that the leak(s) get(s) fixed
      -Step 4: re-attach the Arctic Freeze into the system and fill to sufficiency as instructed

i am confident that by doing these steps i have avoided all the mistakes others have made with these products and thus riding cool throughout the summer and coming months. Also the Super Seal has a long list of leak types it can fix so i am really excited and confident as the leak(s) location and repair are the only major thing holding me back

Please let me know what you think, and let me know if i have missed anything 😆 😆

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…