• Creator
    Topic
    Dean BibbyDean Bibby
    Participant

SAFE SLOW ENGINE FLUSH!

1 part MARVEL MYSETRY OIL
      1 PART PENETRATING FLUID
      2 PARTS TRANSMISSION FLUID
      1 PART Berryman B12 ChemTool ( I have not researched what this is)

The creator of this (soup) his name but appropriate, recommends draining the oil pan, replacing the filter (a cheap one because you may be doing this flush multiple times… my suggestion) add the ‘soup’ and run the engine at no more than 1700 RPM on the spot with no load for 15 minutes.

Drain the soup and crud for at least 45 minutes.
      Depending on the change in the color and consistency of the ‘soup'(lumpy, gummy, chunks) repeat the process with a fresh filter.

I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS on my Honda CR-V 2004 iVTEC but I have inherited infrequent oil change issues from the previous owner and I am determined to rescue this low mileage car. 198,000 + Kilometers at 20,000 > 24,000 per year being average driving up here; this car has only been driven at a rate of 16,000 Klms. / year previously and for the past two years just 3,000 Klms. per year!

Any dyr warnings will be graciously received.

NorthernDean

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jason WhiteJason White
      Participant

That’s quite a concoction there. Seems like it’s throwing everything at it. The transmission fluid which has a lot of fine cleaning and dirt trapping abilities, the MMO because it’s proven to get in and lube things, the penetration oil to get through any corrosion and crud, and finally the B12, which is like seafoam but not so over-hyped, which really doesn’t lubricate at all cut will dissolve everything. I don’t know if I’d call this safe or slow. Pretty intense.

I have had mixed feelings about flushes. I’ve done plenty. I’ve seen them help engines with problems. Ive also talked to engin builders that say it can break loose material and cause more harm than good. My conclusion is that it should only be done if it’s really needed, to where it’s an alternative to doing any major repairs such as any tear downs or rebuilds. Example, you have a motor that has sludge and is consuming oil at a high rate, or making noise on the top end, and it has gotten so bad that it might be time for a new engine or some serious repairs. Not a bad idea to give it a shot.

I would suggest after doing this flush to do a double oil change to get everything cleaned out.

IngvarIngvar
        Participant

Simply pour can of Seafom into crankcase, drive for a week, drain oil, refill with cheapest oil in your weight you can buy, run engine ,occasionally holding at 2500 rpm for 15-20 seconds, for about 15 minutes. Drain replace filter and oil with good oil.
          DONE.
          I’d be staying far far away from MMO and B12. Bad experiences.

Rick CropperRick Cropper
          Participant

You might clean the inside of the engine block and head a bit, but what you won’t do is anything useful to the carbon buildup in the oil control ring expander or the piston skirt drain back holes which are the source of oil consumption, by and large. We remove pistons and run them in a 170 degree detergent parts washer for sometimes several hours and then still have to scrape and rod out holes with drill bits. 15 minutes isn’t even long enough to raise that concoction’s temp to a useful level not to mention you just can’t get any real amount of that stuff into the rings to clean them in that time, and at those engine speeds.

You are much more likely to clog up something. Initially that stuff will be thick and the oil filter bypass will be allowing it right past the filter element. On really dirty engines it may even clog and restrict the filter causing bypass and sending all that crap downstream to wreak havoc on oil pressure controlled valve timing controls, turbocharger oil feed ports, etc, etc.

You are much better off letting that sleeping dog alone. You are as likely to do further damage as you are to end up with a better running engine. In fact I would say that it is near impossible for that mess of fluids to do anything useful long term.

1 quart of ATF or Rislone can help sticky lifters. Also use Amsoil engine flush for such things. Beyond that – oil goes in the engine. Quality, synthetic, oil. Nothing else is needed or recommended.

Rick

jonathanjonathan
            Participant

Personally i put an engine flush that is an oil with a lot of detergents and drive the car for 200km ( i cant remember the name) that way im flushing the engine slowly while its still lubricated

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…