Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Automotive Intimacy = Automotive Knowledge

Automotive Intimacy = Automotive Knowledge

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG1 Video Discussions Automotive Intimacy = Automotive Knowledge

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

The more I build cars, the more I like it. I’m also finding it’s making me a better mechanic.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Benn HerrBenn Herr
      Participant

Spent a lot of years racing karts and building them. Got very comfortable with what was required and how I would like things to be. Got to the point of building my own Superkart. Superkart Build
        Now I have started on a fiberglass buggy build. Even though I have worked on cars (when I had to) for years, the task is daunting. The scale is different. It’s not a race car. I don’t have to follow race rules, just street legal requirements. It’s a bit of an adjustment.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

[quote=”BennHerr” post=186095]Spent a lot of years racing karts and building them. Got very comfortable with what was required and how I would like things to be. Got to the point of building my own Superkart. Superkart Build
          Now I have started on a fiberglass buggy build. Even though I have worked on cars (when I had to) for years, the task is daunting. The scale is different. It’s not a race car. I don’t have to follow race rules, just street legal requirements. It’s a bit of an adjustment.[/quote]

That’s really cool. I’ve come to find that most F1 drivers start out driving karts like that.

Thanks for your comment.

Robert PilsuckiRobert Pilsucki
          Participant

Eric, I have been living vicariously through you with the Fairmont build. I’m still in that waiting perod to start a project of my own. For the past 25 years I have been “tinkering” with cars mostly out of necessity. As well as anything else that breaks from washers to mowers etc. I think looking st how systems are designed to work is paramount. It gives you an overall understanding on what your trying to repair or build. Watching your videos has saved me tons of money and given me experience to help my friends and coworkers. Thanks a bunch. Someday I’ll have my own “Oliver”. Till then I’ll keep learning. Robert

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…