Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Acura Integra & Honda Civic Rear Suspension Rebuil

Acura Integra & Honda Civic Rear Suspension Rebuil

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum Acura Integra & Honda Civic Rear Suspension Rebuil

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

I’m going to post parts 1&2 to this thread as they become available. Well, this video predates YouTube. I suppose I was headed in the direction of becoming ETCG before I knew it. Yes, the audio is bad, but I think the content is pretty good.

What did you think?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MichaelMichael
      Participant

I really like this repair video it shows us how you where before you founded EricTheCarGuy. Also i see the famous big bertha hammer you made cool to see that in the video. Vintage stuff is always interesting specially if its from ETCG .

I’ve not watched the video yet as i want to see the full version but there is an issue with the video link in the email itself.
        Whenever i click on it i get a message come saying the address is invalid, or something to that effect.

Keymaster

[quote=”chomerly” post=131686]I’ve not watched the video yet as i want to see the full version but there is an issue with the video link in the email itself.
          Whenever i click on it i get a message come saying the address is invalid, or something to that effect.[/quote]

As it says in that email the video is not available yet because it’s still being uploaded. Once the upload is complete, you’ll be sent a new email with the link to the full video.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but for some reason the upload is taking forever.

Ah, right.
          I didn’t read the email in its entirety. :huh:

VinnyVinny
          Participant

Nice video!

I attempted a trailing arm bushing replacement once, but the toe control link bolt used for adjusting toe was rusted frozen in to the bushing. In that case what could have been done to free it?

I ended up not replacing those bushings.

Keymaster

[quote=”chino101″ post=131994]Nice video!

I attempted a trailing arm bushing replacement once, but the toe control link bolt used for adjusting toe was rusted frozen in to the bushing. In that case what could have been done to free it?

I ended up not replacing those bushings.[/quote]

Cut out the damaged bolt and replaced the toe control link is what I likely would have done. Same as if there was an issue with the lower control arm.

Keymaster

Here’s Part 2!

BretBret
                Participant

Great videos even for the age of them =] Love the repair and engine videos keep ’em coming

RereonehundredRereonehundred
                  Participant

Can you tell us what shop you’re in. Seems a dealership. Maybe you need to keep it’s name private.

Keymaster

[quote=”Rereonehundred” post=132596]Can you tell us what shop you’re in. Seems a dealership. Maybe you need to keep it’s name private.[/quote]

It was the dealership where I used to work.

Lorrin BarthLorrin Barth
                      Participant

What surprised me was the video quality. This after watching countless youtube videos with only those made in the last several years not blurry. So is it that you had some special camera or is it that the internet was only hosting lower quality video?

Keymaster

[quote=”barneyb” post=132783]What surprised me was the video quality. This after watching countless youtube videos with only those made in the last several years not blurry. So is it that you had some special camera or is it that the internet was only hosting lower quality video?[/quote]

Keep in mind that I had just started my video production business around this time. I did have possession of some nice equipment, I just wasn’t as experienced using it. The camera I shot this with was a Canon GL2.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digital-Camcorder-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B00006FXHQ

Lorrin BarthLorrin Barth
                          Participant

A three thousand dollar camera back then, very impressive.

Keymaster

Actually it was only about 2K when I purchased mine. I was serious about getting into the videography business at the time.

In the video you show trailing are bushing replacement on Honda’s where the bushing is set in a vertical position. My 2011 Acura MDX the bushing is in a horizontal position. Can the same tool be used for my circumstance?

Same Vehicle,the front lower control arms are iit appears made out of aluminum. Is it wise to try to push these bushings out because the arm is made of a softer material?

Nate

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            Loading…