Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Stripped Thread Repair: Thread Insert Install

Stripped Thread Repair: Thread Insert Install

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum Stripped Thread Repair: Thread Insert Install

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

I think we’ve all stripped threads at some point. Here’s one way to repair those stripped threads. Of course I’d shoot a video where it was easy to get to the stripped part. Many times it’s not so easy.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Brian BurkeBrian Burke
      Participant

I’ve never used a helicoil before. Is there any chance the fastener gets stuck in the new threads and they come out as one piece in the future? Does that ever happen? Do you ever need to add something like anti-seize to keep the fastener and the new threads from more or less becoming one?

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

[quote=”bkord123″ post=164103]I’ve never used a helicoil before. Is there any chance the fastener gets stuck in the new threads and they come out as one piece in the future? Does that ever happen? Do you ever need to add something like anti-seize to keep the fastener and the new threads from more or less becoming one?[/quote]

Some recommend adding locktite to the thread insert before installing it. The instructions didn’t mention that.

As a general rule, if they didn’t do it at the factory, you shouldn’t either. I’ve never seen anti seize installed from the factory. They may use a little oil, but I’ve never seen anti seize.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…