Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1998 Ford Contour Alternator #FixingItForward

1998 Ford Contour Alternator #FixingItForward

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum 1998 Ford Contour Alternator #FixingItForward

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

Here is the first Fixing it Forward video of 2017. It’s been at least a year since I’ve posted a video from this series. The irony is I shot this video over a year ago. I just wasn’t sure when I’d air it because I was posting videos on the #FairmontProject. It seems a lot of you would like a break from that project and I thought there’s no better way to do that than with a Fixing it Forward repair video. I hope you enjoy it.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Kathryn tinsandwichKathryn Kaufman
      Participant

Hi Eric,

I thoroughly enjoy any videos you post – Fairmont or otherwise. I caught a nasty cold last month and stayed home and watched the entire Fairmont series (up to #64) just to reacquaint myself with the process from when you first brought the car to the latest. It would make a wonderful documentary and really sort of already is one.

I just watched the test fit video and learned about patience as it applies to all processes and endeavors. I have a lot of respect for you and your work ethic. It is not an easy thing to try to balance all that demands your attention and I am always glad to hear that you’ve been able to take a brake (pun intended) or go on vacation. I also enjoyed the IDGAF video and believe it will help folks not just take you for granted. It was also nice to know that I’m not alone and that others experience burn-out from time to time. But, if all goes well on your Fairmont build, you’ll experience another kind of burn-out as you leave others in your dust! 😉

Cheers,

Kathryn a.k.a. Tinsandwich

RereonehundredRereonehundred
        Participant

Do I see that the new alternator’s pulley has a bent and ragged edge?

Might this “eat” the edge of the belt and lead to early belt failure?

Keymaster

[quote=”Tinsandwich” post=183368]Hi Eric,

I thoroughly enjoy any videos you post – Fairmont or otherwise. I caught a nasty cold last month and stayed home and watched the entire Fairmont series (up to #64) just to reacquaint myself with the process from when you first brought the car to the latest. It would make a wonderful documentary and really sort of already is one.

I just watched the test fit video and learned about patience as it applies to all processes and endeavors. I have a lot of respect for you and your work ethic. It is not an easy thing to try to balance all that demands your attention and I am always glad to hear that you’ve been able to take a brake (pun intended) or go on vacation. I also enjoyed the IDGAF video and believe it will help folks not just take you for granted. It was also nice to know that I’m not alone and that others experience burn-out from time to time. But, if all goes well on your Fairmont build, you’ll experience another kind of burn-out as you leave others in your dust! 😉

Cheers,

Kathryn a.k.a. Tinsandwich[/quote]

I think it would be cool to watch the series from the beginning. I’m sure there’s some things I don’t remember. Some have suggested I make a condensed version of the project once I finish the car. Probably a good idea.

Thanks very much for your comments. I really appreciate them.

#StayDirty

Keymaster

[quote=”Rereonehundred” post=183369]Do I see that the new alternator’s pulley has a bent and ragged edge?

Might this “eat” the edge of the belt and lead to early belt failure?[/quote]

I didn’t notice it and the car has been gone for more than a year after this repair was done.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…