Menu

Cars without cabin air filters

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion Cars without cabin air filters

• Creator
    Topic
    My NameisMy Nameis
    Participant

Curious, old cabin air filters are generally filled with little twigs, leaves, dead bugs.. And I was thinking..

Why is it that older cars without cabin filters don’t have dead bugs, leaves, etc fly out the vents when the air is turned on?

It seems the filter prevents that from happening in newer cars no? Random ponder lol

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      ChrisChris
      Participant

I often get tiny bits of leaves come out of my vents in the mk2 MR2 I have!
        It’s really annoying when a shard of leaf gets trapped as that can whistle when the blower is on!

Frank GonzalezFrank Gonzalez
        Participant

Their is a screen on the fresh air duct. It is ment to keep out bugs, leaves and other large debris from entering the cabin of the vehicle. It will let in dirt and smaller debris that will fit with in the screen opening.

Gary BrownGary
          Participant

When I pulled the 40+ year old ventilation system out of the 74′, you should have seen what was in there!

My NameisMy Nameis
            Participant

[quote=”cave1376″ post=155078]Their is a screen on the fresh air duct. It is ment to keep out bugs, leaves and other large debris from entering the cabin of the vehicle. It will let in dirt and smaller debris that will fit with in the screen opening.[/quote]
              Ah so if there’s a screen is this what’s replaced by the newer cars with cabin filters or that screen still exists as well?

ErinErin
              Participant

I had a 1981 dodge aries that had no cabin filter. Every so often part of a dead leaf would shoot out of the vents.
                It sucked though cause if one got caught in the fan, it was noisy.

zerozero
                Participant

My old Saturn didn’t have one, it as well as other cars I’ve driven without cabin filters will blow snow inside when it’s cold out.

NoriNori
                  Participant

My blower works but no air coming out from the vents, thinking cabin filter was clogged, but I realized my car does not have one, what will I do for air to blow out of vents?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Loading…