Menu

In the market for new speakers

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion In the market for new speakers

• Creator
    Topic
    Davidson J MottDavidson J Mott
    Participant

I am in the market for new speakers for my 2000 GMC Yukon Denali. I just want to make an upgrade of my existing speakers. To me. the highs often overpower everything when I listen to music. I am looking for 4 Ohm speakers as that what my head unit calls for, which is a BOSS Audio 508UAB. Which can output a max of 50 watts per speaker. I am planing on buying 2 pairs of speakers. Front and rear and a max budget of $125. In case you wonder what music I listen to when driving; I listen to: Metal, trance, 80/90’s era pop, classic rock and some disco. I would like to have a set of speakers that have a clear sound with some bass to it.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MikeMike
      Participant

Have you tried messing around with the equalizer settings?

Also, many units have ambiance settings, such as Talk Radio, Stadium, Jazz Club, and so on. If you’re listening with the wrong ambiance setting for your music, it could explain why your highs are too dominant.

When you’re listening to disco, just turn the volume all the way down. Sounds perfect.

MattMatt
        Participant

When looking at power ratings for speakers and stereos, the 50W is always a max number, for a very short amount of time. The number you should be looking at is the RMS number, which is the constant amount of power the head unit can put out.

That being said, I’d suggest looking at Crutchfield for your speakers, every pair you buy from them comes with detailed install instructions for your vehicle. Very handy.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…