• Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
1 week 6 days ago - 1 week 6 days ago #203120 by CamryDude
Howdy ETCG'ers

1stly: I'd like to say I came across this site via this YouTube Vid,,
The Torgue Converter !
Very well explain and done Eric, one of the very best I have ever seen !
2ndly: I am from the Gold Coast, aprrox 50klms south of Brisbane in Australia, age mid 50's, been playing with cars, bike ect since I 1st pulled a starter motor out of a forklift at age 14.
Just a back yard mech when maintenance and repairs to own vehicles are needed, also on occasions repairs and trouble shooting for friends and acquaintances !
3rdly: I am currently Swapping out my 2000 model Toyo Camry 5S-FE 2.2 auto Engine for another I had rebuilt by a local engineers

Lastly : I do have a question about the Torgue Converter & I will post this question later - but for now, I would like to say Thanx for letting me here, & I look forward to browsing the forum more when time allows.
Hava-great-Day
Last edit: 1 week 6 days ago by CamryDude. Reason: Editing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advertisement
  • CamryDude
  • Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
1 week 5 days ago #203131 by CamryDude
Ok, Question/s Re: Torgue Converters, Here Goes- 1stly it seems common knowledge that when changing Auto-trans oil, that the oil in the torgue converter does not drain out - I assume this is true and stand to be corrected please.
2nd - Does any trans oil transfer from the auto box to the converter whilst driving, asking because I can-not see anyway that it can ?
So, if the converter oil stays in the converter than I assume the oil would eventually wear down and/or loose its consistency and/or its properties over-time. should I change the converter oil whilst I have the engine out &, I assume it would be best; if so, I should fill converter to the top and try not to loose any on refitting it ?

So, basically, does any oil transfer from the auto box to the converter while driving and should I change it ?
Cheers in advance !

• CamryDude
  • Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
1 week 4 days ago #203142 by CamryDude
Ok - No One Home. All asleep in the USA ?
I have found what I needed.
Good bye ! ! !

More
1 week 4 days ago #203144 by college man
G'day mate

Believe it or not Iam trying to help you.

Proud to be Eric The Car Guy Certified.

Over 10,000 posts strong.

Mobil1 New Jersey highway tested everyday.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds