Menu

brake hose vs hydraulic hose

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Automotive Discussion brake hose vs hydraulic hose

• Creator
    Topic
    JayJay
    Participant

i can’t source an oem brake hose from where I am nor do know the difference between the 2.

can I use a hydraulic hose as brake hose? it looks like that the oem brake hose for most cars are thinner vs the normal 1/4 hydraulic hose that I can just buy from any hydraulic shop (nope they dont have brake hose, i’ve asked them that). those hydraulic hose are rated at 5800psi, there are no issues with the fittings, just the hose itself.

thank you guys in advance!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MikeMike
      Participant

You may have to do some research to see if the hydraulic hoses are compatible with automotive brake fluid.

Since you would be having the hydraulic lines custom fabricated anyway, why not contact a company that will custom fabricate automotive brake lines from the proper materials?

JayJay
        Participant

sad but we dont have it here. they do have hoses for air brake though. anyhow. I just went for a 1/4 hydraulic hose (oem is at 1/8) and bleed the whole system out of air. brake feels better compared to oem.

JayJay
          Participant

went ahead and used the hydraulic hose (2x the thickness) and bled the system. the brake pedal feel is way better vs oem. might be since the brake fluid is new but its way better than before 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…