Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2002 Cadillac Deville possible fuel pump failure

2002 Cadillac Deville possible fuel pump failure

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2002 Cadillac Deville possible fuel pump failure

• Creator
    Topic
    REEDFLEMMMMINGREEDFLEMMMMING
    Participant

When I’m suspecting a fuel pump I’ll check 3 things._x000D_
      1.) is it getting good voltage_x000D_
      2.) pressure_x000D_
      3.) flow_x000D_
      _x000D_
      Your pressure sucks. Check the flow. Pop a line off under the hood and cycle the key, shooting some gas into a plastic container (no smoking).

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      John B KobberstadJohn B Kobberstad
      Participant

I would replace the pump motor if you can find one rather than the whole assembly or module.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
        Participant

+1 on doing the voltage drop tests._x000D_
          _x000D_
          Also, if you goose the throttle, does the PSI on the fuel pressure gage raise?_x000D_
          _x000D_
          You could also scope the amp draw of the motor also to see if its failing.

DrivewayAlDrivewayAl
          Participant

The pressure stays the same if the throttle is raised. Good point about checking the the voltage though. I am not too sure what the voltage is supposed to be. need to look it up.I think either way the pump will probably need to be replaced. Apparently thi

MattMatt
            Participant

The voltage should be very nearly what the battery voltage is, minus .2 volts or so (that’s 2/10ths of a volt).

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
              Keymaster

To check the fuel pressure regulator remove the vacuum hose from it while observing the fuel pressure, it should go up to the top of the spec, if not replace the regulator and recheck._x000D_
                _x000D_
                As for the fuel pump check to see if you have the correct voltage g

dreamer2355dreamer2355
                Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3ZiTsKC … lcp_x000D_
                  _x000D_
                  You should also be checking for voltage drop and +1 with College Man’s post on the PSI readings.

DrivewayAlDrivewayAl
                  Participant

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will be working on the car again this coming weekend. I will check the fuel pressure regulator as Eric suggested and a voltage drop test. I will give an update as soon as I get back to it._x000D_
                    _x000D_
                    Driveway

college mancollege man

[quote]Quoted From DrivewayAl:_x000D_
                      _x000D_
                      Hey guys, I am working on a 4.6L 2002 Cadillac Deville that does not have good pick up under heavy throttle. I checked fuel pressure and it is 34psi. spec. is 41-47psi. at idle. Turned the ignition on without start

twiggytwiggy
                      Participant

[quote]Quoted From Beefy: _x000D_
                        _x000D_
                        The voltage should be very nearly what the battery voltage is, minus .2 volts or so (that’s 2/10ths of a volt).

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Loading…