Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2003 Windstar Drivers Side Window not working

2003 Windstar Drivers Side Window not working

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2003 Windstar Drivers Side Window not working

• Creator
    Topic
    DrivewayAlDrivewayAl
    Participant

Hey Guys, I am stumped. Got a 2003 Ford Winstar and the Drivers side window and rear vent windows are not working. The pass. side window works fine off both the rt door and drivers door master switch. I do not have a wiring diagram to follow but i have taken off the door panel. I checked the fuses and they seem to be ok. So far I do not have power going to the Drivers side window motor, so I am assuming it is probably the master switch. The thing that puzzles me is when I was initially pressing the button on the master switch to try and move the window up or down I heard a relay clicking above the fuse panel. After a while I heard it stop clicking. I swapped out the relay but still no contacts clicking. I also tried to jump the wind. motor directly from battery but that did not work. Anybody have any other ideas what may be the problem before i go and buy a master switch. Thanks.

Driveway.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      619DioFan619DioFan
      Participant

take a look at the wiring harness that runs between the body of the van and the drivers side door ( should be a rubber boot covering it. make sure there are no broken wires inside ( this is a common place for the wires to be damaged as the door is opened and closed.

davedave
        Participant

I do not have a wiring diagram to follow but i have taken off the door panel.

got the schematics below for ye’

I also tried to jump the wind. motor directly from battery but that did not work.

you’ll have to locate the front electronic module and then identify a black wire with a yellow tracer (BK/YE) and a orange wire with a yellow tracer (OR/YE). these are the only wires that will give you access directly to the driver side window. on your vehicle, it is not possible to directly access the driver’s window motor directly from the switch.

Anybody have any other ideas what may be the problem before i go and buy a master switch.

it is possible you could have a faulty window switches, loose connections, or a bad ‘front electronic module.’ With some basic electrical testing it should be quite simple to identify what point in the circuit you no longer have power and identify the fault.

Front Driver Window

Other Windows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-Yiibx3b4s

DrivewayAlDrivewayAl
          Participant

Thanks guys, I will give it another try and keep you posted on what I find. I will check the harness where wire harness goes thru the door.

Driveway

davedave
            Participant

Module Locations

Attachments:
              EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
              Keymaster

Have you tried to run power to the motor to make it work? If the motor is bad you’ll hear a ‘click’ but nothing will happen which is pretty much what you describe.

DrivewayAlDrivewayAl
                Participant

This has been very strange, not only the win. motor not getting power, the radio stopped working and so have the dash lights. Could the front electronic control module be fryed. I checked all the fuses which are ok and the wiring harness seems to be intact coming thru the door.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                  Keymaster

It is possible however you’ll have to test everything else to eliminate it, that is unless you can get your hands on a known good part to swap out.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Loading…