Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Removing Intake Manifold 98-02 Honda Accord

Removing Intake Manifold 98-02 Honda Accord

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Removing Intake Manifold 98-02 Honda Accord

• Creator
    Topic
    DeenDeen
    Participant

Good Afternoon Friends.

See Exhibit J below.

What you are looking at is the top of the Intake Manifold from a 2001 Honda Accord F23A1. Here is a closer look, see Exhibit I below.

My question is in regards to removing those hoses/lines that connect to the very top of the intake manifold. See Exhibit K below.

Note that in the picture above, there are five lines/hoses connecting to the intake manifold, 4 on top and 1 on the side.
      What are these lines/hoses? How do I remove them safely without damaging them? Is there any special tool I can purchase to make life not suck? What I’m attempting to do is to replace the intake manifold gasket. Any advice, tips, specific guidance in regards to this matter will be immensely appreciated. Thank you for reading and/or replying to this post.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      619DioFan619DioFan
      Participant

Hose removal pliers will be really help. look like long needle nose pliers but the end is circular to grab around the hose. these are available from hardor freight tools. three peice set. very helpfull tool. after removing any clamps , grab the hose with the tool , twist back and forth to loosen the hose then remove .

college mancollege man

first have a factory service manual.
          second-Take lots of pictures of everything.
          third- the lines look like vacuum lines. label
          them and the manifold.so you know where they go
          after.to remove them.try your hands first. try to
          twist them easy to break the seal.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

Don’t disconnect any of that stuff. You don’t need to completely remove the intake manifold to replace the gasket. All you need to do is remove the fasteners holding it to the cylinder head and push it back toward the firewall. Once you’ve done this you’ll have just enough room to replace the gasket.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…