Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1997 Civic 2-pin OBD2 diagnostic connector

1997 Civic 2-pin OBD2 diagnostic connector

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1997 Civic 2-pin OBD2 diagnostic connector

• Creator
    Topic
    FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Where is the 2-pin OBD2 diagnostic connector located in my 1997 Civic? There is a yellow male connector that plugs into a blue female connector located to the left of the passenger side under the dash. Could this be it?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

see if this helps.

FrederickFrederick
        Participant

The video is very helpful but doesn’t answer my question. In the video Eric only mentions a blue connector. The only 2-prong connector that I have found under the dash on the passenger side is a yellow male connector going into a blue female connector. Is it possible that the yellow connector is the OBD2 diagnostic connector?

college mancollege man
            EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
            Keymaster

[quote=”Lindsay” post=77934]The video is very helpful but doesn’t answer my question. In the video Eric only mentions a blue connector. The only 2-prong connector that I have found under the dash on the passenger side is a yellow male connector going into a blue female connector. Is it possible that the yellow connector is the OBD2 diagnostic connector?[/quote]

I believe I mentioned in the video that the connector was located on the RIGHT side under the passenger dash, sometimes behind the kick panel.

FrederickFrederick
              Participant

Found it! Thanks for all the help and patience. Was able to get the code ’67’. I think this refers to either secondary O2 sensor or catalytic convertor. Will replace sensor and hope that the problem will be solved.

college mancollege man

The code 67 is for the cat having a problem. I don’t think
                  the o2 replacement will fix it. Is the car stalling/power loss?

cb7ftwcb7ftw
                  Participant

Go to your local parts store and have them get your scan codes for you. You can read the codes, rather then counting blink codes.

FrederickFrederick
                    Participant

The car has 220k miles on it and hasn’t run better. Recent gas mileage check was near 40 mpg.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Loading…