Menu

’06 Odyssey power steering noise

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here ’06 Odyssey power steering noise

• Creator
    Topic
    JoeyJoey
    Participant

I’ve got a 2006 Honda Odyssey which has just recently been experiencing power steering pump noise. I was driving on the interstate for a few hours and pulled off to at my exit and immediately noticed a really weird noise. I thought it was my tranny for a sec and had a minor heart attack. I figured out it was my power steering because the noise got louder when I turned the wheel. I stopped at a service station to see what was going on under the hood and saw millions of bubbles in the power steering fluid reservoir. When I restarted my vehicle to drive away, the noise was gone.

After a few more hours of driving the noise was back. What could it be? It only seems to happen when the vehicle is hot and was driving for long distance. I looked online and many resources say it could be the o-rings that failed on the high pressure and low pressure power steering lines, or it could be the whole pump. My van only has 54680 miles.

Thanks for any help,
      Joey

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

could be the inlet O ring leaking causing air into the system.
        There is a TSB out

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2453959

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

In addition to the above post, it could also just be low fluid. You might want to check the fluid level with the engine off after the bubbles have gone away. Be sure you only use Honda fluid in that system. Using other fluids can cause damage to the system. A small leak over time can cause enough fluid to escape to make a noise.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…