Menu

1999 crown victoria no heat!!!

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1999 crown victoria no heat!!!

• Creator
    Topic

I own a 1999 ford crown victoria and it has had no heat since I got it in March of this year. It has the digtial HVAC controls, it blows cold air no matter if it is set at 60 or 90 degrees. Lastnight I change the heater core, blend door actuator, thermostat and filled it with coolant. The car still blows only cold air, car engine temp gauge is working and the car never has overheated, it has 80,000 miles, one previous owner, who was my grandfather, who kept meticulous notes on service repairs and has taken great care of car, looked over notes and no notes of previous problems. I just hope I don’t have to take the dash back off please!!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    college mancollege man

Feel the heater core hoses they should be hot. if not air in the
      system. If hot control issue. see if this helps further.

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/what-to-do-when-your-engine-overheats

Hoses are both hot, what do you mean by control issues?

college mancollege man

[quote=”Gordy33″ post=119105]Hoses are both hot, what do you mean by control issues?[/quote]

If hoses are hot then coolant is going through the heater core.
        something that controls the heat is not letting that part get hot.
        either heat blend door or the electronic control knob

James O'HaraJames O’Hara
        Participant

Did you check fuses and relays? Remember there is normally two different fuse panels one interior and one exterior. Also when you replace actuators and such there is normally a relearn procedure that needs to be done. With all that being said did the doors move freely and did you check to make sure there is nothing blocking the actual doors themselves. Also check your cabin air filter.

BluesnutBluesnut
          Participant

You could try running the self-diagnostics on the EATC unit.
            That’s not the cure all but may show something.
            Read the text carefully.

http://www.idmsvcs.com/2vmod/eatcswap/selftest.html

John HugonJohn Hugon
            Participant

The only thing I can add; if so happens the Electronic Automatic Temperature Control Module is defective, it can be replaced without programming to the car. Most of the time the issue you’re having is caused by the HVAC blend door motor.

Ok took to the shop to get checked. They said the power to the actuator is working but everything is pointing to actuator not working. I got part online and it said it was compatible. Before putting on I checked the blend door and it moves freely. Is was very simple to put on, is there a way to put on incorrectly? Also is there a way to check what the shop said without taking dash off? Of course they quoted a price at $675, I guess the only thing to do is buy a new one and replace again!!

college mancollege man

You may be able to test dc voltage to it or read percentage with a scan tool.

Randy SiebRandy Sieb
                Participant

Last week I replaced the blower motor for the enviro unit. It is under the hood on the firewall passenger side. When I changed it out I noticed I could see the blend doors through the hole. I did not try it but I have to imagine you could run your heat and see if the doors move. If you are careful you might be able to manually move them and see if you get heat. That would pin it down for sure.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…