Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Condenser fan not working, Radiator fan works

Condenser fan not working, Radiator fan works

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Condenser fan not working, Radiator fan works

• Creator
    Topic
    ForestForest
    Participant

I have a 90 accord DX and the radiator fan only comes on when the A/C is on, and the condenser fan never comes on. The first thing I did was jump the cooling fan switch with a paper clip with no a/c on and the radiator fan came on. So i replaced the switch, but i splashed the plug with coolant, and now jumping the switch no longer turns the fan on. The fuses are good, the relay is good. I’m afraid I need to switch out the plug now. It’s been 24 hours so the plug is no longer wet. There is no voltage across it, and with the a/c off there is no voltage across the fuse port. Is there another fuse box I should check?

I havent been able to check the condenser fan motor yet, having trouble getting the plug off.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Andrew PhillipsAndrew Phillips
      Participant

Radiator fan has a fuse, #39, and the condenser fan has a fuse, #29. There is also a relay for each fan. The relays are located in the fuse and relay block under the hood. Check the fuses and the relays. You have to check both the load side and control side of the relays. You also have to check that when the control side closes the relay that the load terminals actually short together. I had a relay once that clicked on and off but there was so much carbon on the contacts that it didn’t switch the load even though the coil was good.
        The fans are both controlled by the Radiator Fan Control Module and Engine Coolant Temperature Switch A. I’ve attached a part of the wiring diagram so you can see how they are connected.

Attachments:
        MikeMike
        Participant

Splashing coolant on the plug doesn’t hurt anything, the switch not working after is just co-incidence. Don’t worry about replacing the plug/connector unless it’s physically damaged or corroded.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…