Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • how to replace honda accord vtc actuator

how to replace honda accord vtc actuator

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here how to replace honda accord vtc actuator

• Creator
    Topic
    shyam atwalshyam atwal
    Participant

Hello People. I am a proud owner of 2010 Honda accord coupe with 240k miles.
      I am having VTC actuator noise problem when cold starting. Its known problem and many people are having this issue.
      Does anyone know how to replace this part? what is the difficulty level and how much does the part cost.
      I really don’t want to take it to the dealer as it already have over 240k miles. Thanks in advance.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

[quote=”sgatwal@gmail.com” post=167748]Hello People. I am a proud owner of 2010 Honda accord coupe with 240k miles.
        I am having VTC actuator noise problem when cold starting. Its known problem and many people are having this issue.
        Does anyone know how to replace this part? what is the difficulty level and how much does the part cost.
        I really don’t want to take it to the dealer as it already have over 240k miles. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

I believe its three fasteners. difficulty rating diy. cost? shop around for a Honda OE part.

zerozero
        Participant

You can do it the way Honda wants you to and zip tie the chain to the other cam gear and fenagel the old one out and the new one in without pulling the chain. Or you can just pull the front cover and the chain. I would suggest just going this route. Referring to the Sentra timing chain replacement video should tell you most of what you need to know. The only difference would be the oil pan doesn’t need to come off so it’s much easier.

If you do go in there plan on replacing the timing chain and guides. Tensioner too if you choose. The only specific guidance would really be to find something indicating the timing marks so you can properly set the chain timing.

Etienne RossouwEtienne Rossouw
          Participant

Don’t bother, the updated TSB concerning this issue instructs dealers to not attempt a fix since the problem will just reoccur. There is no “fix” for this issue, yet, and you are probably going to waste a lot of time only to have the same problem soon after.

Stay on top of your oil changes so that oil always reaches the vtc actuator asap upon startup to reduce the chances of actual damage.

Or tear into your engine and replace stuff for fun!

shyam atwalshyam atwal
            Participant

TY

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…