Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1993 Civic Del sol whining in engine Bay

1993 Civic Del sol whining in engine Bay

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1993 Civic Del sol whining in engine Bay

• Creator
    Topic
    Fabian CardenasFabian Cardenas
    Participant

So heres the rundown. I drove through a puddle and I feel thats what lead me to having a feint whining noise when the car was idling in the drivers side of the engine bay(where the belts are located. Alternator power steering etc..) . Car was good after puddle mechanically speaking and still is but the noise is killing me. Im thinking its some sort of belt or maybe water got to a pulley. The sound is on and off and tends to go away after warming up a bit and I dont hear it while driving. ( IGNORE the antifreeze, i had some dripping due to some overflow i caused) Just did a basic tune up of fluids.

Link to the video of my car.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

There are a few methods to locate the source.
        Using a mechanic’s stethoscope and listen to each component.
        Remove one belt at a time and start the engine and see if the noise is still present.

Steve KleinSteve Klein
        Participant

That sounds like an idler pulley to me. But, as mentioned above, removing belts one at a time will isolate it. If you can see the pulleys, you could spray a small amount of WD40 on them and see if the noise goes away.

Fabian CardenasFabian Cardenas
          Participant

I believe the whine is the same whine that increases in rpm with the car. Not in pitch but just volume.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…