Menu

Steering Pull

• Creator
    Topic
    AriAri
    Participant

Hello All,

Lately my 9 years old civic develops steering pull and a bit of wandering. The car not even 100k kms yet. I have own the car from new and it never get involved in any car accident. It will pull even harder if I have passenger sitting next to me. At the moment it will pull toward outside of the road. The suspension design is macpherson strut.

I have checked the bushing: lower control arm bushing and steering rack bushing. There are no sign of cracks. Front struts and its mount have been replaced with new one. The wheel alignment also been done on few different places with no result. I have installed camber bolt on front suspension to allow me to give more camber on passenger side to reduce this pull. It gives me very small effect. What confuse me, the car will pull even harder toward outside of the road with more passenger. Could it be control arm bushing problem?

I have narrowed it down by stop the car and moving the steering wheel left and right and found the clunk around driver side. I can even feel the clunk when holding the tie rod and having the steering wheel moved left and right.

My question now:
      * Could it be ball joint as well? Or it most likely the tie rod?
      * Could it be the steering rack? But there is no sign of oil leaking or other noise. I can’t feel the same clunk on the passenger side.

Please help.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Todd SmithTodd Smith
      Participant

Has rotating the tires made any difference?

AriAri
        Participant

No Todd. Unfortunately no.

AriAri
          Participant

I have tried rotating the tire. Did not help reducing the problem Todd

you have to remove front frame to check bushings is very common issue.

AriAri
            Participant

Hello Altec,

Do you mean the sub frame bushing is the issue or other bushings which attach to it?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…