Menu

Engine Burns oil

• Creator
    Topic
    Faisal HelwaFaisal Helwa
    Participant

Last November, i bought all the spare parts and had them shipped from US and Korea to Cairo, Egypt. Mechanic had the cylinders machined and honed before installing and rebuilding the engine. He rebuilds 2 or 3 engines a month or more. After driving the vehicle for 3k miles. I found out engine oil decreases.

Mechanic says its poor oil quality that allows it to burn/evaporate specially Royal Purple break Engine in oil was not consumed at all and compression dry test shows 185 PSI across all four cylinders and no leaks or smoke from exhaust. Tried several semi synthetics, Mobil 1 Synthetic and Mobil mineral 20W-50, they all fade away within 1500 miles.

I really find it strange for all oils i tried to be of low quality to burn, or, is it because i did not use mineral oil for the engine break in period of 4k miles, or something wrong with the rebuild.

Some technician on Youtube says the oil rings have been broken. Anybody have an idea what happened?

Please advise

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jake GreeneJake Greene
      Participant

Are you sure it isn’t leaking oil? 185PSI in the cylinders sounds pretty good. And all vehicals burn a little bit of oil, no matter what. How much oil is it consuming within 3000 miles?

Faisal HelwaFaisal Helwa
        Participant

The last 2000 miles, i added the following:-
          1- 3 Liters of Mobil 1 5W-30.
          2- Ceratec
          3- Rislone compression restore.
          4- 4 Liters of Mobil Mineral 20w-50.

Usually, an oil change takes around 3.75 Liters or 4 quarts approx.

So i would say it burned 4 liters of oil in 2000 miles. (3 liters of Mobil 1 plus additives of around 750 ml).
          Last night, some Technician told me on Youtube that oil rings can break and cause oil consumption without affecting compression.

Please advise

Faisal HelwaFaisal Helwa
          Participant

Anybody wanna help?

Jake GreeneJake Greene
            Participant

Try changing the PCV valve. If it ain’t that, you will probably need an engine rebuild, and/or valve stem seals.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…