P0335 Armada Issues

• Armada12
  • Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #202198 by Armada12
P0335 Armada Issues was created by Armada12
Hi all, I have a 2005 Nissan Armada. It is throwing a P0335 code. Crank sensor has been replaced. Verified that I am getting power to the connector. Verified good ground, and verified continuity from connector back to ecu. Armada is running very rough with a loss of power. CEL immediately comes back without hesitation if reset. I’m wondering if there is a unknown issue that is causing the CEL to throw P0335. What am I missing??? Any thought or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Armada12.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advertisement
  • nightflyr
  • 6th Gear
  • 6th Gear
  • 2002 Nissan Xterra 3.3L 4X4
More
2 months 1 week ago #202202 by nightflyr
Replied by nightflyr on topic P0335 Armada Issues
First thing is a service bulletin.
www.autocodes.com/uploads/nissan/NTB08-088.pdf

Another possibility:
Signal plate may be damage
The crank sensor operates by scanning a “reluctor wheel”. This wheel can become damaged over time and will no longer give a proper reading to the ECM.
A common symptoms of a bad reluctor ring is going to be a rattling sound. If the engine still runs, you will hear it. This means that it has been damaged, and no longer seated properly.
If you don’t hear a rattle, the ring could have broken or missing teeth. This will cause the vehicle to not get a good reading from the crank sensor.

Other possible causes:
Starter motor may be faulty
Starting system circuit
Dead or weak battery

• Armada12
  • Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
2 months 1 week ago #202243 by Armada12
Replied by Armada12 on topic P0335 Armada Issues
Nightflyr, thanks for the suggestions. I bought a new camshaft sensor, popped it in and the P0335 cleared and hasn’t come back. Now a different code is coming up for a random misfire P0300. At least one issue was resolved. Now to figure out the misfire. I went through the injectors and they all seemed to be working. I’m going to check fuel pressure and fuel filter. I do have what I believe to be an exhaust leak somewhere around the manifold. With the hood open there is a very strong exhaust smell and hissing noise coming from the drivers side. Would this cause a misfire?

• nightflyr
  • 6th Gear
  • 6th Gear
  • 2002 Nissan Xterra 3.3L 4X4
More
2 months 1 week ago #202244 by nightflyr
Replied by nightflyr on topic P0335 Armada Issues
It is possible.
But also check the basics, plugs, wires if you have them. condition of coils signs of carbon tracking.
Might also check the MAF sensor and throttle body and clean them.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds