Million dollar question probably a. 01 cent fix b16a2

• Vowels771
  • Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
4 months 6 days ago - 4 months 6 days ago #202678 by Vowels771
Okay so I have an 88 crx with a b16a2 from a 97 I believe I recently redid the head gasket and top end with new valve stem seals valve job which the only reason I did a valve job was because after cleaning and grinding I was still able to get bubbles if I put soapy water on the valve and blow air up behind the valve (still had bubbles when I checked for my own curiosity after the valve job) but machine shop assured me it was solid . I also did a very minor port and polish on the intake and exhaust side as well as port Polish on the intake manifold as well to match the head. I didn't do the bottom end because there was almost no miles on the motor but it was smoking on the decel side and the cross hatching in the cylinders was awesome and had even compression numbers across all 4 but cylinder 2 and 3 had very very minor pitting from sitting with the vales open I'm assuming regardless everything back together fires up awesome but I have an idle hunt 1000 to 2200.. Couldn't figure it out so I took it home from my shop.. Power was amazing way more then before .. After hours and hours I get the idle hunt taken care off cleaned iacv fitv new map sensor. I was very confused on my vacuum lines but I've since learner I only need the map sensor the FTP and the dashpod and adjusted TPS idle hunt finally finally gone but now it's idling at 2200 again hours of screwing around someone tells me to remove the dizzy bolts and turn it clock wise to see what happens.. Well about an inch and a half past maximum the idle comes down to normal doesn't seem to be running rough or anything but I won't drive it or Rev it that far back so having enough of this I put dizzy back to my original mark and park it.. I left it for a day I go out fire it up to move it and all of a sudden the idle dropped to 13 1400 so now I'm royally confused and just at my wits end

TPS set to. 45 and goes it 4.5 at WOT anyone have any freaking idea what I'm missing? Anything I'm desperate and I know if I take it to someone I'll have a 500$ bill and still won't be fixed

Any help any ideas or hell any mods? To fix this?
Thank you!

Addition I have no fired it up since to see if it returned to the 2200 or if it stayed lower
Also I have opened the cooling system quite a few times one to clean iacv one for fitv once to try and bleed TB and once more I pulled the TB and replaced idle set screw that was this last time let the car idle for 45 ish with a bleed bowl on top of the rad
Last edit: 4 months 6 days ago by Vowels771. Reason: More info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advertisement
  • Vowels771
  • Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
4 months 5 days ago #202690 by Vowels771
No one huh? :( lol

• Vowels771
  • Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #202760 by Vowels771
Awe c'mon no one has any ideas? Bad head gasket. Went too far with the port and polish? Hell bad intake manifold gasket? I'm at such a loss I just want to light a match and go kablewy

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds