'03 acura mdx transmissioon rebuild

• plott hound
  • Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
2 weeks 1 day ago #202807 by plott hound
'03 acura mdx transmissioon rebuild was created by plott hound
I bought a '03 mdx for a spare car.unit is immaculate,no rust runs great.ive done a bunch of matinence on it,new brakes,rad and hoses,complete fluid change the only issue left to contend with is a NFG transmission.my wife has the exact same car now as a daily driver but its starting to develop a severe cas of road cancer which is a shame since I had the transmission rebuilt in it 2 years ago and the engine runs great.i figure ive got a year to get the spare mdx on the road so that's lots of time to decide what to do.i can see 3 options have the transmission rebuit,swap transmission from the daily driver or attempt to rebuild the transmission myself.was wondering how difficult it is to tackle the latter?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advertisement
More
2 weeks 1 day ago #202810 by CrankyGuy
Replied by CrankyGuy on topic '03 acura mdx transmissioon rebuild
Just letting you know, you are not alone on this task.
I have the same predicament on my Ford Ranger, to me it is both a nightmare but also a dream to do this kind of work. However, it is not an easy job and it will require at least a week of labor to finish it. Since you have two of the same I will just swap it and done with it so your wife can have a working car again and tackle the bad transmission on your own but only if you like doing mechanic work. Otherwise, leave to the shop to do. In my case I am fixing the transmission on the Ford, it will be a big project for me, but I love to do my own maintenance on my three vehicles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds