Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 03 Lexus LS430 – Ticking Drivers Side Cam Cover

03 Lexus LS430 – Ticking Drivers Side Cam Cover

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 03 Lexus LS430 – Ticking Drivers Side Cam Cover

• Creator
    Topic
    WillWill
    Participant

Hello,

I have a 2003 Lexus LS430. It has developed a ticking sound that follows the engine RPM and when I put the stethoscope on it it appears loudest over the drivers side cam cover. I had the exhaust manifold looked at by a shop and they said there’s no manifold leak. I replaced the VVTi solenoid with no change. Is there any way to find out what this actually is? The car runs fine well with no performance issues or engine trouble codes.

If anyone can help me troubleshoot this it would be appreciated.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      JoaquinJoaquin
      Participant

I am not an expert on Lexus, but I have been doing my own maintenance on all my three vehicles I own. This issue on your car sounds like a bad lifter to me and maybe you should think about going into a lifter diagnostic to rule out this possibility. It is what I would do, I know it sounds easier said than done, but if you like DIY stuff this will be a good task to take on. Perhaps could be a bad valve or a piston clearance issue. So, you need to look deeper into the engine, I would.

Jake FJake F
        Participant

Might be a preventative maintenance sound that you’re due for a timing belt change. She’s a beauty!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…