Menu

wipers will not go to park

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here wipers will not go to park

• Creator
    Topic
    BobBob
    Participant

Last month during a major rain storm I was using the wipers on my 2004 Chrysler Pacifica. After the rain stopped I turned off the wipers and found that they would turn off but not return to the park position. Since then the wipers work but will not return to the park position. Thinking that the problem was the switch on the steering column I replaced it but found the problem remained. Next I replaced the wiper motor but found the problem remained. In replacing the wiper motor is there a specific setting for attaching the motor to the operating arms? Could there be a grounding problem even though the wipers work fine? In watching the movement of the wiper there is a total of 90 degrees.

Bob

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Billy AndrewsBilly
      Participant

The shaft from the wiper motor is typically connected to the linkage by a tapered and/or splined fitting secured by a nut. Sounds like the nut has loosened and/or the splines have stripped, so that the connection has slipped and is out of phase. You should be able to loosen the nut and realign the shaft connection.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…