Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2015 Honda Fit electrical problems after reversed polarity jumpstart

2015 Honda Fit electrical problems after reversed polarity jumpstart

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2015 Honda Fit electrical problems after reversed polarity jumpstart

• Creator
    Topic
    my_car_is_brokenmy_car_is_broken
    Participant

Hi there. I have a 3rd generation 2015 Honda Fit LX with CVT. I reversed polarity jumpstarting it and now some of the smart electrical things don’t work. Here are some of them:
      – Cruise Control state resets when I turn off the ignition. I usually leave it in Main On state (press the Main button on the steering wheel) at all times and just press Set when I actually need CC. Now I have to press the Main button every time before Set.
      – Headlight’s Auto mode doesn’t work (lights go dark).
      – Central locking system (the buttons on the drivers side door that lock/unlock all doors) doesn’t work unless the ignition is on.
      – Remote key doesn’t work (the small led is flashing when I press buttons on the keyfob but nothing happens, the car won’t lock/unlock)
      – Power Windows buttons don’t work unless the ignition is on.
      – The stereo didn’t work but I was able to fix that by replacing a blown fuse.

Everything else seems fine, the car runs, turn signals/lights/stoplights work.

I have a new battery now, checked all fuses (Box A under the hood, Boxes A and B under the dash on the driver’s side). Only one was blown (the car stereo).
      What else can I check to narrow down the problem?
      Can I fix this without special tools?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Suggest you research if there are fusable links that may have been damaged.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…