Menu

Tool Review of FIXD

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Suggestion Box Tool Review of FIXD

• Creator
    Topic
    David WhippleDavid Whipple
    Participant

This device has been popping up on my face book feed lately. Its a device you plug in to your aldl. With a downloaded app to your smart phone it is supposed to tell you ” what is wrong with your car before you go to a mechanic ” As a technician i see it as a device that may confuse the average person and cause problems with costumers who were mislead or interpreted the data incorrectly. The sales video is vague on its features and that makes me skeptical.

Don’t know if its cool to post a link, but search for fixd and it will come up.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      James P GrossoJames P Grosso
      Participant

I don’t know about that specific OBDII device, ut is seems marketed to the average consumer which could cause problems?

I have the “Torque” app on my phone. It uses a bluetooth OBDII device to communicate with the smart phone. I think it is $5 for the app and it gives general info and codes, but I like the “Track Recorder” plug-in that allows using the phone camera to video with an overlay of gauges or other vehicle info, sort of a poor mans data acquisition.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve actually done a review of a similar tool a few years ago.

I’m considering starting tool reviews again. It may be some time, but I might get to something like this again at some point.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…