Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Possible video topic- 93 Prelude vtec JDM engine swap and transmission.

Possible video topic- 93 Prelude vtec JDM engine swap and transmission.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Suggestion Box Possible video topic- 93 Prelude vtec JDM engine swap and transmission.

• Creator
    Topic
    Chris BrookerChris Brooker
    Participant

Eric,

Watched most of your cool helpful videos but I might have missed any on doing a JDM swap. Looking to do a swap on a 1993 Prelude Vtec. Could do a like JDM swap with same year range OBD1 engine or go all out with the 220 HP Euro R H22A. Also the Prelude is geared in my opinion for acceleration not highway cruising. Looking for a transmission that would give a friendlier 5th gear to reduce HWY rpms.

I think the above topics could make for some interesting videos.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

Thank you for the suggestion. I’ll be honest, this isn’t likely to happen. I have other projects that will take me well into next year. Also, I’d have to find the same vehicle and the same engine, also not likely to happen.

Sorry but specific requests like this are nearly impossible to do. I hope you understand.

Participant

I understand. My plan was to bring you mine. But, it would be interesting to cover some JDM swaps and pitfalls. I have an 02 Accord ATX that needed a new ATX. Went with a JDM swap but gearing is lower. Split most of the difference with a 16 inch 4 lug wheel from a Acura and larger tires. Got speedo within 3 miles at 60 mph as opposed to being 9 miles off a 60.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

It would be some time before I could even entertain the thought of a build like this. Also, when the time comes, I plan to do a build on my Integra.

Thank you again for your request.

Participant

The current engine runs so I can wait if you are serious about a future project. The Prelude is a project car. So I can do minimal repairs like oil cooler is leaking. Currently, I am fixing the interior.

How much knowledge do you have on Honda MTX’s for H series engines?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…