Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2005 CHEVY EQUINOX PROBLEM VEHICLE ALSO A BIG HEAD

2005 CHEVY EQUINOX PROBLEM VEHICLE ALSO A BIG HEAD

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Girls in the Garage 2005 CHEVY EQUINOX PROBLEM VEHICLE ALSO A BIG HEAD

• Creator
    Topic
    Michelle CulpMichelle Culp
    Participant

SO I HAVE CODES FOR OXYGEN SENSORS BANK 1 SENSOR 1 AND A CODE FOR BANK 1 SENSOR 2 ALSO A CODE FOR THE MASS AIR FLOW AND PURGE VALVE CANISTER . FUNNY THING IS I JUST CHANGED THE PURGE VALVE CANISTER 3 WEEKS AGO AN THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WENT OFF . NOW ITS BACK ON . PLUS THE BRAKE LIGHT COMES AN GOES ABS LIGHT AN TRACTION LIGHT ARE ALSO ON . I JUST ADDED BRAKE FLUID AN IT DISAPPEARS SOMEWHERE BUT NO LEAKS UNDERNEATH … CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP??

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      RobRob
      Participant

[quote=”Mrs.Culp.2012″ post=171565]SO I HAVE CODES FOR OXYGEN SENSORS BANK 1 SENSOR 1 AND A CODE FOR BANK 1 SENSOR 2 ALSO A CODE FOR THE MASS AIR FLOW AND PURGE VALVE CANISTER . FUNNY THING IS I JUST CHANGED THE PURGE VALVE CANISTER 3 WEEKS AGO AN THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WENT OFF . NOW ITS BACK ON . PLUS THE BRAKE LIGHT COMES AN GOES ABS LIGHT AN TRACTION LIGHT ARE ALSO ON . I JUST ADDED BRAKE FLUID AN IT DISAPPEARS SOMEWHERE BUT NO LEAKS UNDERNEATH … CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP??[/quote]
        first off I would check the brake system because you dont want that to go bad
        you might have to take the calipers off and check the boots,
        area’s to check is around master cylinder, calipor’s, wheel cylinder’s if you have drums, brake hoses and lines and bootsers and sometimes abs systems… if your not feeling that good about checking them and taking the system aprt and checking each one… you might have to take it to a shop…
        FYI…now over time with you brakes getting thinner you will drop a little bit of fluid because its taking more space to close the brakes… but not much loss
        never allow the master cylinder to go empty!!! you will have to purge and and purge the whole line and everything very tuff to do with out a pro system

what was the codes???
        where they lean or rich??

RobRob
        Participant
          Michelle CulpMichelle Culp
          Participant

i got these codes…….. HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE
            P0030 -Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) heater control circuit bank 1 sensor 1
            P0036 -Heater Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) heater control circuit bank 1 sensor 2
            P0102- Mass Or Volume Air Flow- Circuit Low input
            P0443 -Evaporative emissions control system purge control valve -circuit malfunction

Jake FJake F
            Participant

Your caps blew my eyeballs out and I couldn’t read the entire thread, but if you replace the EGR valve, I’m 80% sure your problems will disappear. I think RockAuto has an ACDelco for your gen for under $30 and you could easily replace it yourself. Good luck.

JustinJustin
              Participant

I reccomended starting with the fuse that’s blown that supplies power to all of these in the other thread they posted but never got back with us…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…