Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Collision Damage Inspection (Suspension)

Collision Damage Inspection (Suspension)

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum Collision Damage Inspection (Suspension)

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

This video is kinda a start to a small little miniseries about this car. It starts with the inspection though and that’s what this video is all about.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      TylerTyler
      Participant

Sweet can’t wait to see more video’s on cavalier’s woo hoo!

college mancollege man

Eric,

Did you do a comparison of the drivers to passenger
          tie rod? just curious of the distance from the wheel
          to the tie rod. Was the rack a pain or not to bad?

TylerTyler
          Participant

I’m guessing a pain! When i replaced the stablizer bushing on the stablizer bar, i had to drop the subframe down a inch or two so i could get access to the bolt, you could have probably gone through the top but it was on the rack, so i said what the hell.

Note: Those are some funky tires he has on that car too LOL

Mike RachowMike Rachow
            Participant

Eric,
              With the steering wheel so far off, could it be the steering box gears skipped or striped on impact?

Andrew ThompsonAndrew Thompson
              Participant

With the steering that far off there must have been more than .5 inch of bend somewhere. I think I would have got hold of a secondhand subframe complete with hubs and arms as well as rack and replaced the lot in one go.

porter92porter92
                Participant

I actually had a similar front right wheel collision with my ’01 cav z24, skidded hard into a curb during a snowstorm. Resulting problem was wheel bearing needed replacement. My other problem is the verticle alignment of the wheel is off and the outer edge of the tire wears down (steering wheel is off center). Haven’t had it looked at so not sure what’s going on (bent control arm, rack, tie rod end, subframe)

Would it be best to take it into an alignment shop for analysis?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…