Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2002 Cavalier Power Steering Rack Replacement

2002 Cavalier Power Steering Rack Replacement

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum 2002 Cavalier Power Steering Rack Replacement

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

Here’s part 1. I’ll be posting both videos to this thread.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      jamie wilsonjamie wilson
      Participant

Eric , been following your video for about a year now, first time on here though.
        Just wanted to show my support and say what great videos you do, keep it up.
        Now where is part two?

Hello from the UK

Keymaster

[quote=”res1492″ post=53770]Eric , been following your video for about a year now, first time on here though.
          Just wanted to show my support and say what great videos you do, keep it up.
          Now where is part two?

Hello from the UK[/quote]

Thank you very much! Part 2 will be posted on Friday.

jamie wilsonjamie wilson
          Participant

no way….ETCG replied to me :woohoo: …..my life is complete…my mates are not gonna believe me…thanks for being such a nice guy

Lord IhcalamLord Ihcalam
            Participant

Eric,

Did you use line wrenches on the hydraulic connectors?

Keymaster

[quote=”Lord Ihcalam” post=53822]Eric,

Did you use line wrenches on the hydraulic connectors?[/quote]

Nope. I only have them up to 17mm and the fitting was 18mm. I would have had I had the proper sized wrench.

Hope BalvanzHope Balvanz
                Participant

Go figure you would work on a Cavalier after I got rid of my fourth one. Oh well. I do miss them. They are good cars.

davedave
                  Participant

Q: what if you are one spline off when you re-attach the rack to the steering column?

Keymaster

[quote=”Wrench Turner” post=54146]Q: what if you are one spline off when you re-attach the rack to the steering column?[/quote]

It’s more clear in the second video but there are no splines. You can only put it on one way.

Keymaster

Here’s part 2

JamesJames
                        Participant

First time poster/ new member here! Thank you ETCG!! I could not find any info on how to get to the power steering lines (on my fathers 1999 Cavalier) loose from the rack and this video was a HUGE help!! Replaced the return line (was rusted through at the mounting clip on the sub frame) in about 2 hrs! Would have taken me forever if I had not seen this video and then knew to take the brake master cylinder/abs off for easier access!! Was going to try to access the connection from the underside… that would have caused a few nightmares!

Very glad you have created these great videos and do the jobs with average tools and did this one w/o a lift! I hate repair videos that start off with: “well now that the car is up in the air we can access the…..” I have a basic garage with basic tools and a good understanding of what needs to be done to get the job complete. I grew up in a garage with my dad and grandfather and am a firm believer in doing repairs myself (recently did a head gasket on MY ’97 Camry)! I look forward to whatever tricks and tips you have to give in the future.

James
                          -Indianapolis, IN
                          -’97 Camry 5SFE 215K
                          -’98 Bravada 220K

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Loading…