Menu

ETCG Hang Out Video #1

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum ETCG Hang Out Video #1

• Creator
    Topic
    RickRick
    Participant

Hi Eric!

I am watching the first hang out video… lots of potential. Must be a bit more challenging knowing you won’t be able to edit the footage!

The YouTube video has all of the dropouts that were in the live version, so some of your answers were chopped up. I am thinking that if you used a separate camera for the archive footage you would get better quality audio and video. That would also you let you clip out bits if need be.

Looking forward to the next one!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

Thanks for your suggestion but there is no room to edit and I don’t have any footage archived. It was the first attempt and I’ll do what I can to make them better but there are a lot of limitations with a live broadcast from the shop with no land line internet.

RickRick
        Participant

I understand the the limitations …I was thinking of using a separate camera to record the session in addition to the webcam. E.g. checkout how Dave at EEVBlog http://www.eevblog.com/ does his interactive chat sessions. 🙂

Charles KepplerCharles Keppler
          Participant

Eric,
            Glad to see you are trying a new online venture with Google Hang. We’ve never really had the chance to see you nervous before since your great video work isn’t live. It’s almost like public speaking jitters I believe… And that just takes some practice to become comfortable. At least it did for me! I look forward to future Hangs and wish you success with this venue. It seems low bandwidth may be an issue at your shop or studio, so I doubt a better camera or microphone would be of much benefit. I am a 54 year old lifelong shade tree mechanic ( ok I have a 3 car garage ) and always have some classic muscle car work in progress. I have learned much for you during the past couple of years and wanted to offer my appreciation for your great work. One of my many vehicles (too many sez my wife) is a 1998 s10 2.2l 5 speed manual and you series on the Sonoma for Ryan was awesome. Thanks again … I learned much from those hours of watching. A suggestion for your Hang session would be a backdrop, poster, or something identifying “EricTheCarGuy” or a place card at the bottom of the camera view. Thanks Eric, best of luck
            Charlie

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
            Keymaster

[quote=”Noisy” post=71399]I understand the the limitations …I was thinking of using a separate camera to record the session in addition to the webcam. E.g. checkout how Dave at EEVBlog http://www.eevblog.com/ does his interactive chat sessions. :)[/quote]

I appreciate the suggestion but that’s not going to happen. One of the reasons I’m doing the live broadcast is so that I don’t have to edit. To be honest, I don’t have the time for it. More cameras will not solve the problem. Perhaps getting actual internet at the shop will but I’ll have to look into that next month. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…