Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2001 GSR Radiator Replacement, Real Time

2001 GSR Radiator Replacement, Real Time

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum 2001 GSR Radiator Replacement, Real Time

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

I thought I would try a different approach with this one. If it works out, I think I’ll use this format in future videos.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Brian MericaBrian
      Participant

Good video, all though I think I prefer the more in depth explanation of things. Also I noticed, this video is uploaded to you tube, it also appears in the videos section of the website but it does not appear in the activity feed of the ericthecarguy website. Just thought I would point that out.

Keymaster

[quote=”B2k1977″ post=72472]Good video, all though I think I prefer the more in depth explanation of things. Also I noticed, this video is uploaded to you tube, it also appears in the videos section of the website but it does not appear in the activity feed of the ericthecarguy website. Just thought I would point that out.[/quote]

The activity feed of the website is updated by the developer. He’ll probably get to it tonight. Thanks for the heads up and for your input.

Brian MericaBrian
          Participant

Another thing I would like to add…

Eric, it was pretty cool to see how fast you actually can work when you don’t have to stop and explain every step, nut and/or bolt during the process. That job probably would’ve taken me all day. :silly: When I changed my brakes it took me about 4 hours to do all 4 wheels…sad I know, but it saved me some cash.

I sort of knew how to change brakes before I came across your videos. Well lets just say I could get the job done, but I would like to complement you and say your videos have given me a little more knowledge and information and ways to go about finding that information. Your work has given me a lot more confidence under the hood, a few of the things I am considering trying is transmission fluid drain and refill, oil change, serpentine belt replacement and from what I’ve learned from watching several of your brake job videos I think my next brake job will go a lot quicker and smoother. Other videos I have seen online haven’t even come close to making me feel as confident as your videos do. I’ve never really worked on cars, always taken them to the shop and paid someone else to do it. Then wife and baby come along and your whole financial situation changes so now I’m trying to cut costs wherever I can.

I’ve been doing computer repair and network design and implementation for about 13 years. Honestly, it’s just not fun anymore, the job doesn’t really challenge me so I thought it might be fun to try and learn something else. Not a career change, I just want to try and be good at something else. I am a fast learner and I am good at following directions. So keep up the good work, and keep cranking out those awesome videos!

You stay dirty, I’ll stay nerdy 😆

Brian

college mancollege man

You still got it just like the old days 🙂 I did not
              mind the voice over. worked out well.

Keymaster

[quote=”B2k1977″ post=72485]Another thing I would like to add…

Eric, it was pretty cool to see how fast you actually can work when you don’t have to stop and explain every step, nut and/or bolt during the process. That job probably would’ve taken me all day. :silly: When I changed my brakes it took me about 4 hours to do all 4 wheels…sad I know, but it saved me some cash.

I sort of knew how to change brakes before I came across your videos. Well lets just say I could get the job done, but I would like to complement you and say your videos have given me a little more knowledge and information and ways to go about finding that information. Your work has given me a lot more confidence under the hood, a few of the things I am considering trying is transmission fluid drain and refill, oil change, serpentine belt replacement and from what I’ve learned from watching several of your brake job videos I think my next brake job will go a lot quicker and smoother. Other videos I have seen online haven’t even come close to making me feel as confident as your videos do. I’ve never really worked on cars, always taken them to the shop and paid someone else to do it. Then wife and baby come along and your whole financial situation changes so now I’m trying to cut costs wherever I can.

I’ve been doing computer repair and network design and implementation for about 13 years. Honestly, it’s just not fun anymore, the job doesn’t really challenge me so I thought it might be fun to try and learn something else. Not a career change, I just want to try and be good at something else. I am a fast learner and I am good at following directions. So keep up the good work, and keep cranking out those awesome videos!

You stay dirty, I’ll stay nerdy 😆

Brian[/quote]

I appreciate your comments very much Brian. Thanks for sharing your post.

CaddeCadde
                Participant

Registered just to say this.

Eric, you should have stuck with your original plan. No voice over (except when there’s something you really have to tell us) but just letting us watch you do the simple things. I would personally love to see what you see and hear what you hear.

In fact, if it would be possible to have a tiny (stable) camera attached to your head so we can get an Eric’s point of view that would be even greater.

For the bigger or unusual jobs then yeah, do it like you have done it in the past but for simple things like changing a radiator or installing new brake pads (things you already have good videos on) it would be sweet to just see you do the work without fiddling about with the cameras and explaining everything.

The best part of this video was when you cut out the voice over and you looked at the camera with disappointment and told us it helps to have the correct parts.

Keymaster

[quote=”Cadde” post=72526]Registered just to say this.

Eric, you should have stuck with your original plan. No voice over (except when there’s something you really have to tell us) but just letting us watch you do the simple things. I would personally love to see what you see and hear what you hear.

In fact, if it would be possible to have a tiny (stable) camera attached to your head so we can get an Eric’s point of view that would be even greater.

For the bigger or unusual jobs then yeah, do it like you have done it in the past but for simple things like changing a radiator or installing new brake pads (things you already have good videos on) it would be sweet to just see you do the work without fiddling about with the cameras and explaining everything.

The best part of this video was when you cut out the voice over and you looked at the camera with disappointment and told us it helps to have the correct parts.[/quote]

I appreciate your input and suggestions. As for other cameras, I’m working on that. My current set up really doesn’t allow for the use of other cameras without a lot of extra work. Thanks for signing up!

Hey Eric,

Thanks a lot for all your videos. Mechanic and doing stuff on my car on my own is my new hobby and I’ve learned a lot from your videos!

thanks!

Keymaster

[quote=”Marc716″ post=73722]Hey Eric,

Thanks a lot for all your videos. Mechanic and doing stuff on my car on my own is my new hobby and I’ve learned a lot from your videos!

thanks![/quote]

You’re most welcome. Thanks very much for the comment.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Loading…