Menu

Gearwrench 9602N Tool Review

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum Gearwrench 9602N Tool Review

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

This is my second tool review. I think this one is a bit more polished than the first. What do you think?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Michele PensottiMichele Pensotti
      Participant

Hello Eric! 🙂

Can I be completely honest with you about this review?

It felt too much “polished” , too little “substance” to it.

I mean, you are EricTheCarGuy, you have always let your personality transpire and soak your videos, and in this one I felt you to be too much aseptic, too much detached to feel yourself.
        I like your personality, and it’s never out of line, it’s just likable and fine, let it transpire a little more! We love you because of that! :cheer:

Also, I’d have put the wrenches to more hard work before releasing the video; I am already looking forward to see the next real uses you’ll be making of those nice Gear Wrenches.

By the way, yesterday I just disassembled an alternator and I really desired to have some gear wrenches myself! :woohoo:

Ah, by the way, I love the new short hair look, it just makes you feel and look younger :cheer:

Live long and prosper (and stay dirty!)

10nico

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

I get where you’re coming from and that’s an honest critique. I appreciate your input and will think about it the next time I make one of these.

I like having less hair too. Less for me to worry about.

A toyotakarlIts me

Gear wrenches are awesome…

I keep an 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17 and 18 readily available in my tool cart…..(you can see four of them in the upper left corner of my signature pic).. Working on Toyotas I put the 10, 12 and 13 to work hard….

Can’t recall ever using a 9mm, 11mm or 16mm (But I have heard Chryslers use some 16mm’s)

Another good part is that the Snap on guy warranties Gear Wrenches…. My Snap on guy says he actually doesn’t sell many of the Snap on versions… Most guys go for Gear wrench…

-Karl

Dave OlsonDave
            Participant

We have these at work and the gears keep stripping out, while still nice to have I still prefer regular combination wrenches.

A toyotakarlIts me

[quote=”brokemechanic3000″ post=77214]We have these at work and the gears keep stripping out, while still nice to have I still prefer regular combination wrenches.[/quote]

Yes, they can strip out if used with another wrench as a cheater or if jumped or hammered on… A good idea would be version with a regular box end and a ratcheting end…. If you use the ratcheting end to initially break loose stuck bolts (caliper bolts often come to mind) and stick on a cheater wrench, jump on it or bash it with a dead-blow, then yes… there is a good chance it will bust the pawl or break a gear tooth leading to stripped out effect…

Personally, when I need to remove anything 15mm and over, and I cannot break loose a fastener with regular strength, then I will break loose the fastener with a regular box end of a combo wrench and another combo wrench for leverage and then use the gear wrench for speed….

Who says Snap on is indestructible??? Click on this link…

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Snap-On-Tools-Lot-Of-Ratcheting-Wrenches-For-Parts-Or-Repairs-/310775014076?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr&hash=item485ba262bc&nma=true&si=hDx59yUurSn3MqobakgCe5V%252BpVg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

-Karl

Dave OlsonDave
                Participant

Unfortunately those were not the conditions of the gears stripping. It just seems that they are not built of quality material. I break the fastener loose with a breaker bar then use the wrench to finish the job or to tighten a fastener then get the right tool to finish. It is just my experience that they are prone to breaking easy.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…