Menu

1999 Civic Radiator Replacement

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum 1999 Civic Radiator Replacement

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

In last weeks video we found out this radiator had a massive crack in it. In this weeks video we replace it. Comments welcome.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      GerardoGerardo
      Participant

You said in one of the comments and in the video that honda didnt use blue untill about 01. I have a 2000 civic dx and just did the timing belt. I put blue in there…. Is my car going to blow up? I know it wont blow up but is it bad?

Keymaster

No your car should be fine. It is OK to mix blue and green coolant. Not the best idea, but OK. Just put in what you took out. I could have been mistaken when they stated using blue. I thought it was 01, but I suppose it could have been 00.

A toyotakarlIts me

Ha! I love that you left the footage in where you backed up with the drain pan…. I know those moments… As soon as you hear it, it is about a half a second of thinking “What the ….” and then… “Oh yeah… I forgot to move the pan!!!”

Great vid… The tip on removing the bolt from the impact is good for folks to know….

Good call on not using the impact on those bolts and nuts for the video (yes, experience gives you a calibrated finger) but Sometime, somewhere someone would have watched this video and used an impact and crushed that plastic part…. and thought… But Eric did it this way… :ohmy:

RereonehundredRereonehundred
            Participant

Thanks. The repair videos are by far my favorite.

Please do clean up that no-leak coolant funnel. Whatever the black stain is, it is probably not soluble and not entering the coolant to any significant degree. However, it would improve the “image” of careful and exact work.

Did you ever figure out what the piece of wood was from? Someone levering away with a board and broke off a bit?

Keymaster

[quote=”ToyotaKarl” post=88425]Ha! I love that you left the footage in where you backed up with the drain pan…. I know those moments… As soon as you hear it, it is about a half a second of thinking “What the ….” and then… “Oh yeah… I forgot to move the pan!!!”

Great vid… The tip on removing the bolt from the impact is good for folks to know….

Good call on not using the impact on those bolts and nuts for the video (yes, experience gives you a calibrated finger) but Sometime, somewhere someone would have watched this video and used an impact and crushed that plastic part…. and thought… But Eric did it this way… :ohmy:[/quote]

Yea, I’m always thinking of ‘that guy’. Thanks for your input.

Keymaster

[quote=”Rereonehundred” post=88442]Thanks. The repair videos are by far my favorite.

Please do clean up that no-leak coolant funnel. Whatever the black stain is, it is probably not soluble and not entering the coolant to any significant degree. However, it would improve the “image” of careful and exact work.

Did you ever figure out what the piece of wood was from? Someone levering away with a board and broke off a bit?[/quote]

That stuff is baked onto the funnel. To my knowledge it’s not going anywhere or hurting anything. Careful and exact is not always the way in auto repair in my experience.

No idea where the wood came from. I suspect that something got hit and it got wedged up in there. It’s gone now so I’m not worried.

Thanks for your input.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…