Menu

AutoGrip Pliers Tool Review

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum AutoGrip Pliers Tool Review

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

These are a neat alternative to the ‘name brand’ locking pliers. What do you think?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Joseph CJoseph C
      Participant

Eric, you are an excellent tech. 🙂

Great video!

Question: Was the penetrating lube a mixture of ATF and Acetone? My first go-to is PB Blaster (or P’Blaster, I always called it PB Blaster) but, if that fails, I mix up some ATF and Acetone, and it has made some harder jobs kind of easy/easier, depending. Or do you go for Aero-Kroil?

Those tools seem similar to the “Name Brand” (lol, four letters and then 5 letters, hyphenated? I get it though.. trademarked names) in the sense that there is an adjustment. In action, it appeared… almost exact, to the name brand. I have even some cheaper imitations that function the same, though the quality is lacking. Not sure I’ve ever broken it, but, in time, I’m sure I’ll find something where those cheap knock-offs are simply inadequate.

Seems a good tool.

Dave ReuterMechmann
        Participant

Eric,
          Great job as usual on your tool tips. However, on the auto adjustable pliers you just reviewed, isn’t the one big difference that once you set the grip tension screw, the same tension applies to all sizes of nuts that you try to grip for both large and small size nuts? Whereas on the conventional type. you have to adjust the tension screw independently for each screw size. If that is it’s main feature, I don’ think that point was made very clear.

Keep up the great work on you videos, they are both educational and entertaining.

Dave R.

Keymaster

I’ve been using Zep penetrating oil these days and I like it very much.

http://www.zepautomotive.com/product/Super-Rust-Breaker

Dave ReuterMechmann
            Participant

Eric,

My apologies for the bad karma (It was very late at night when I wrote!). As you get more familiar with the tool it would be great if you could demo how it does using a single tension setting on three or four different bolt head sizes. It would be interesting to see if “one tension adjustment fits all.” That might make it worthwhile to purchase for that time saving feature.

Your video and website information has helped to educate (and save skinned knuckles) of many of us home mechanics.

Keep up the great work.

Keymaster

[quote=”Mechmann” post=152503]Eric,

My apologies for the bad karma (It was very late at night when I wrote!). As you get more familiar with the tool it would be great if you could demo how it does using a single tension setting on three or four different bolt head sizes. It would be interesting to see if “one tension adjustment fits all.” That might make it worthwhile to purchase for that time saving feature.

Your video and website information has helped to educate (and save skinned knuckles) of many of us home mechanics.

Keep up the great work.[/quote]

I sent the video to AutoGrip weeks before it went live. Had they mentioned they wanted more info about the auto function then, I would have been able to incorporate that into the review. Unfortunately things didn’t work out that way.

That said, I have a very packed video schedule right now. If the opportunity comes up to feature the tool in a better light, I’ll do just that. For now, there are no immediate plans to that effect.

Keymaster

[quote=”Mechmann” post=152503]Eric,

Keep up the great work.[/quote]

I sent the video to AutoGrip weeks before it went live. Had they mentioned they wanted more info about the auto function then, I would have been able to incorporate that into the review. Unfortunately things didn’t work out that way.

That said, I have a very packed video schedule right now. If the opportunity comes up to feature the tool in a better light, I’ll do just that. For now, there are no immediate plans to that effect.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…