Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Diagnostic Tip #1 Check It While It’s Working

Diagnostic Tip #1 Check It While It’s Working

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum Diagnostic Tip #1 Check It While It’s Working

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

It seems so simple but it can really help when it comes to diagnosing a problem with a vehicle.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

When I got my scan tool (it’s an elm bluetooth and torque app on my tablet), I spent like 7 hours in the cars doing this looking things over.
        Wife thought I was nuts, but now I can tell her the experts sanction this activity! 🙂
        Besides that, it did pay dividends when a P0106 popped up and I knew the sensor was working correctly. Quick throttle body cleaning and we were back to normal.

ryleyryley
        Participant

Yeah it’s a good tip, plus as a bonus you will become more familiar with the scan tool. I picked up a Modis to replace my aging Genisys. I feel like I am a monkey hammering at the Modis. The genisys was a simpler, plus had a Demo mode you can use for any model of car/truck.

If I ever get a car that needs nothing I will give the tip a shot. Everything I get is broken. Hell the Mx6 I have with a big rich running problem, and misfire.
          The monkey that worked on this, didn’t install the fuel rail/injector housing right. Both plastic stand offs and one bolt (out of two.) plus one of the three injectors seals was missing. vacuum lines are taped/glued/shrink wrapped, as a repair. However I like puzzles, just sucks wait for parts and time.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

Glad to hear the tip is paying dividends. I’ll admit, it is fun playing with scan tools too.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…